Soneillon. Part 2. (Updated 10/7)

William Ronald

Explorer
Sepulchrave,

A very interesting update. I hope that Mostin has some contact with any cultures on the other side of the ocean from Wyre. It would let us see more of your world.

I am curious about Nadholuridin, the beech tree. Trees figure prominently in the beliefs of many different cultures. Is this tree anything like the Yggdrasil, the World Ash Tree? (Norse cultural reference.) I seem also to recall a similar tree among the ancient Germans refered to as Irminsul. Is there any significance to Tramst meeting Eadric in front of Nadholuridin? Or am I maybe reading too much into this?

Jeremy

Explorer
Darklone said:
First rule for D&D players: Never hesitate. Do SOMETHING.

And increasingly more important to follow the higher levels you get. Decisiveness, even the decision to be decisively defensive and patient it critical. Do offense, do defense, do observe, do plan. Do not ponder which to do or your enemies will make you pay for your indecision. :)

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Sep's rules...

Sepulchrave II said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there any place where all of your rules materials is archived, Sepulchrave, or at least a place where I cuold find links to all of it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a big heap of paper next to my desk at home. Unfortunately not online, though. Sorry :(

Oh, that would be most interesting I'd wager...is there any chance of you making it available online?!

Dougal

tleilaxu

First Post
brand new thread! i expected a much longer delay from your previous warning. happily, i was surprised! the party should make sure to protect Nwm, as he is the only one who can resurrect people! If he gets disintegrated or imploded that would really suck!

Good thing Eadric kept that mithril breastplate, perhaps Ortwin finds it more attractive now that he has no gear.

tleilaxu

First Post
This is the best part of the post, IMHO

"These demons are crazy, Mostin thought."

Mostin says the demons are crazy for following him through a reality maelstrom which he lept through! Gotta say, he roleplays the moments of insane decision-making very well...

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Good stuff, Sep.

I see that when PC's can easily resurrect or true reincarnate the ante has to be upped by the presence of Epic death spells such as the two you describe. I imagine that the players would be shocked to lose someone to one of those and then find that they *can't* be simply brought back by a spell the next morning!

Cheers

Dakkareth

First Post
:eek:

Now that was a fight ... Titivilus offering help in the middle of the combat - pure Evil :)

And ... "You really owe me." - priceless.

Epic fights, epic story and epic story-writing - what more can you ask for?

:)

-Dakkareth

Edit:
You say, that you're stretching the rules with that spell ... shouldn't for a permanent warding the x5 factor be included?

I (seem to) recall, that one of the seeds sometimes has the duration instantenous and that the shortest duration is used, hence the 'instantenous' in the spell, but still it seems really stretched - like using an energy and fortify seed together making a stat increase instantenous and thus undispellable cheaply. As a suggestion one could either use the permanent factor only on the warding part (also not quite rules conform, but it makes sense imo) or simply increase the duration of the ward to a few (hundred) years ...

Also one could argue, that the ward seed would have to be used once per part, but that's a technicality

Edit2:
Also one would have to keep in mind, that with the possibility to commune the warding doesn't help that much - divine magic penetrates lower grade epic wards easily.

Also be not insulted, that I comment more on the spell than on the story, it's just, that systems of magic are one of my obsessions ;)

Last edited:

Raphael

First Post
Whew! It is good to see what it is like for the PCs to be on the other end of the s***storm.:D

Interestingly, while the PCs still see this as a humiliating loss, those of us with 3rd-person sight can interpret this as accomplishing their (nebulous) goals on this plane.

Now Graz'zt has lost a powerful ally (Irknaan), and has lost most of his influence in this plane to another faction. They even temporarily gained an unlikely (and duplicitous) "ally" in Soneillon, although she is probably done with them now that she aided the locals.

Of course there are still some repercussions to be survived, as the remaining locals try to exact retribution...

Last edited:

porthos

Community Supporter
Minor suggestion

Just a thought, it would be nice for new readers to have links to the previous threads at the top of the first post.

Great writing as always, Sep. Thanks.

<aside>Oh, "minor suggestion". Sounds like the name of an entirely useless spell... </aside>

Hashmalum

Explorer
Shattersoul

Transmutation
Spellcraft DC: 38
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 300 ft.
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
Wow, and I thought my epic imprisonment spell that I posted in House Rules a while back was mean (currently under revision, as I'm making an actual genesis seed to use rather than an ad hoc factor)... OTOH, this one seems rather hard to undo even by the caster, which I'm sure is the idea. Out of curiosity, what kind of DC would you assign to a spell that erased a creature's soul entirely with a single casting?

Remove ads