Soneillon. Part 2. (Updated 10/7)

Inez Hull

First Post
According to Saizhan, ultimately there is no ‘you’ that knows, and there is no knowing – there is only direct, unmediated experience of the Truth.

This sounds closer to Nwm's beliefs than Oronthanism. It will be interesting to see how Saizhan influences religious life in Wyre to say the least.

I realise that D&D alignments are farcically inadequete when discussing a religious and philosphical system as detailed as you have for your setting, but what result does the new Orthodoxy have on the alignment of Oronthan?

tleilaxu

First Post
excellent sep! can't wait for the next one. i like the allusion to the bottom of the abyss. imc campaign the far realm is at the bottom of the abyss (also at the centre of limbo, the end and beginning of time, between the stars, etc).

i also like the mention of demogorgon, someone who has been mentioned several times but always with revulsion (even by demons) and utmost mystery. always good to keep a few cards under the table.

Velenne

Explorer
Oh for the love of Eric's grandma, Sep, would you hurry up and WRITE BOOKS?!

I don't know how much I'd be willing to pay, but it would be whole heck of a lot. Something I can tuck under my arm, hole myself up with in a cellar next to some very tall candles, and read until I'm long in the beard and weak in the eyes.

Rackhir

Explorer
Re: re

Celtavian said:
It would not surprise me at all of Nehael were Sonellion and this was indeed a plot to bring about the downfall of Graz'zt from the beginning. If this is the case, I will be seriously awed by the incredible way Sepulchrave is developing the story.

It's not inconceivable, but it would seem either unlikely or a later idea that was added on. Since the origin of the whole saga was Sepulchrave asking if Lady Despina's "redemption" should be real. Also I think there are some "mechanical" details that would argue against it, in terms of how Nehael has operated and the things that have affected her.

Avarice

First Post
Darklone said:
Soneillon = Nehael? :D

To which Sep would probably reply that Soneillon is not Nehael, nor is she not not Nehael, nor is she Nehael and not Nehael, nor is she neither Nehael and not Nehael. Then my head would implode. Saizho. :D

Originally posted by Lela
Way cool.

X4

edit: evil, evil typos.

Last edited:

Raphael

First Post
Avarice said:

To which Sep would probably reply that Soneillon is not Nehael, nor is she not not Nehael, nor is she Nehael and not Nehael, nor is she neither Nehael and not Nehael.

To which Tramst would be forced to reply (to Eadric) "...but so are you" :D

A monotheistic view of the creation of the multiverse is so simple and yet complex. :cool:
- -r

grodog

Hero
Sep---

I'm back to torment you with questions, quasit-like! I was in the middle of posting last night, but my wife asked if I would read Harry Potter to her, so I logged off just before you posted the new update. A very pleasant surprise this morning! I love the most recent updates, though I am quite surprised at our heroes' apparent lack of direction, purpose, and their gross negligence in strategic planning.... It's good to see that Tramst is as least nominally pointing that out to Eadric.

"If you have concerns that the Ahma might be dead," Nhura said, "you should put them aside. The sidhe who was disintegrated was not him – the sword of Eadric of Deorham is Lukarn, not Githla. I can deliver him to you. Demons are forbidden by the Interdict, but the Loquai are not. And neither is he," she pointed.

Crosod circled suspiciously at a distance of a thousand yards.

Now, per the Interdict, aren't outsiders prevented from entering Wyre? As a half-fiend/half-dragon, Chosod is an outsider (per his Rogues' Gallery entry at least). Does Nhura know of a way to circumvent this rule, or are half-fiends loopholes, or am I just misunderstanding how the Interdict functions?

Also, don't think that I didn't notice this little tidbit:

Soneillon spoke two dreadful words which echoed across Afqithan. The outer shell of the prismatic sphere quivered in sympathetic vibration, as the magical lattice of the demiplane was stretched closer to its dilational limit.

So, epic magic can impact demiplanes through its usage? That seems to further emphasize (to me anyway) the difference between a demiplane/alternate PMP and Wyre as the real PMP. Would epic spells create similar aftershocks within Wyre itself?

I'm really enjoying the additional detailing of Demogorgon and Soneillon and the bottom of the abyss (which is where I have always located Fraz'Urb'luu's home plane IMC).

Also:

"Before the assault, Titivilus issued me a sending. What was its purpose?"

"Devils seldom have uncomplicated reasons for their actions," the Sela said cryptically.

"He offered to act as an arbiter – although for what dispute, I cannot guess."

FWIW, my understanding of Titivilus' offer was that Eadric needed arbitration to get out of the situation he had gotten into: Titivilus would act as his liaison to Irknaan. That offer alone should have helped convince Eadric that they were in way over their heads....

Ironically, with Irknaan's fall, Eadric et al did, essentially, achieve their (vague) purpose: Graz'zt's control within Afqithan has been reduced, if not lost, and he has lost yet another powerful servant (though perhaps not as loyal as his Type VI demons were....).

Lastly, Tramst mentioned a mechanical clock as a gift to the feys. What is Wyre's approximate technology level? That seems more advanced than I had been imagining.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful writing!

Lela

First Post
Not sure on the other stuff but, for the first question, remember the half-demon way back who tried to kill Motsin. She had cloned herself and was bent on revenge (only came upon Motsin by accident). She, under Grazz'it's orders, was able to enter the Material Plane without trouble.

It would seem that creating (and controling) as many Half-Fiends as possible is a great asset to any outsider lord. Succubi are more valuable than they seem.

Dakkareth

First Post
Jovol's epic magic is supposed to hinder the calling of extraplanars. Voluntary entering of the prime by celestial or infernal beings is subject to the informal agreement between Heaven and Hell.

Third parties should have no problems of any kind and as they are from faerie even less so.

Remove ads