Song of Ice and Fire may end up being 2,000,000 books

Someone needs to fire Martin's editor and hire a new one; that'll solve the 8-book problem. AFFC and ADWD had a lot of unnecessary fluff. Or better yet, let's fire Martin and hire Brandon Sanderson to ghost write the rest of the series -- he can keep to a deadline at least. (I would say he can stay focused due to his three Wheel of Time books, but I'm in the middle of Words of Radiance right now and it has a fair bit of extraneous padding, so the jury is still out there.)

delericho

Legend
I'd happily settle for 10 books, if it meant we only had 2 years between them.

Actually, scratch that. I'd happily settle for any number of books, if it meant we only had 2 years between them.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
The total number of books can easily expressed with a formula: n+2 where n is the number of books already published, plus the book Martin is currently working on, plus the last one he needs to end the story.

I have given up my belief that the series will reach an end. I enjoy each book on its own. As long as that works, I'll continue to read the novels.

Lindeloef

First Post
I have given up my belief that the series will reach an end. I enjoy each book on its own. As long as that works, I'll continue to read the novels.

Same here with the addition that I am pretty sure, if the series ends, the ending won't be a satisfying one (for me).

So I am kinda okay with it never finishing, as long as I enjoy the read.

biotech66

Explorer
I'm ok with an eighth book, but the series will catch up with the books. When that happens, I wonder if I'll read the books because I'm really only in it for the story.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Just 7 please. Don't milk it with out of the blue characters books where nothing really happens. Wheel of Time is there for that.

Remove ads