• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sorceror Spellcasting and Death

mypetrock

First Post
My sorceror has an uncanny ability to be killed and otherwise eaten during adventuring. When he comes back from the dead, should he get access to his remaining spell slots for the day? I looked in the SRD and it says that wizards lose their spells, but it makes no mention of sorcerors. If not it would seem that this is yet another way in which sorcerors are better than wizards. For that matter there is no mention of clerics, druids, rangers, paladins, etc losing their spells at death.

I would think that being, you know, DEAD and, ummmm, NOT alive would be a disincentive for all classes to forget their spells. Otherwise at high levels dying just becomes a 10-minute time penalty to sit in the box and feel shame.

mypetrock

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Read the description of the Raise Dead spell. It covered both prepared and spontaneous casting.

Resurrection and True Resurrection are "as Raise Dead, except", and one of the 'excepts' is no loss of spells. So it depends how you're brought back.

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads