SotD - Beneath Grenton

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion instantly drops into a defensive crouch. He hisses sharply, commanding Garma to also be cautious. The wolf is not the elf's thrall, though, so even though Quarion might want Garma to stop, the vicious canine has his own agenda. The wolf creeps forward along the corridor towards the voice. Quarion follows hesitantly behind.

Knight Otu

First Post
Apparently because the voice received no answer, it calls out again - this time in Common
"Who... approaches to defile the shrine ... to the world... scale?"

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Quarion jogs along the tunnel as Garma rushes forward. A few of the bells are moved by the commotion, letting out tiny sounds, but if Jack expected a trap to be sprung, he is disappointed.

A frail voice calls out from beyond the corridor - it must be draconic from a kobold - an old kobold.

~~~

Apparently because the voice received no answer, it calls out again - this time in Common
"Who... approaches to defile the shrine ... to the world... scale?"

Jack raises an eyebrow from where he stands at the far end of the hall. "Nope... not exactly what I expected, but still curious."

Jack waits where he is for now.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Farid is a bit startled, and decides to speak up. "Scale?! What shrine is this? I will try to avoid defiling anyting good."

Knight Otu

First Post
"The World Scale... ripped from the body of Ur-Dragon... by the one who betrayed... the trust given to him... a treachery forgotten... even by most children of the Ur-Dragon... the true heirs of... the World Scale.
You... I have no doubt... of your words... but few of the traitors'... children are able to believe... or hear the story of the Ur-Dragon. It is not... your fault... no matter what the... Crusaders... think..."

Jdvn1

The explanation has only succeeded in confusing Farid more and he steps forward, "What is the name of your Ur-Dragon? What can you tell me about him? Who are the Crusaders?"

Knight Otu

First Post
"Why name that... which is unique anyway? Ur-Dragon is name and description both... he who sheltered many children on his body... The Crusaders? They are those... who wish to rid the world scale... of those they deem abominations... of the natural order... the children of the traitor... most faithful among Eskaron's clan are... Crusaders... few Integrators... many Indifferent..."

Jdvn1

Ding. Farid is more confused than ever. He pauses and thinks, "Those in Eskaron's clan wish to rid the world of scale? I thought they were scale themselves!"

Remove ads