SotD: In the Wilderness (Orsal judging)

Knight Otu

First Post
The night passes quietly, except for Quarion. At some point in the night, a short fright rushes through him. Shortly thereafter, he sees Garma returning to the camp, visibly frightened. The wolf must have fled from something that frightened him - and that had been large.

SlagMortar

First Post
Upon coming out of his trance, Planus says his morning prayers to Mongrel. This basically involves him bumbling around the campsite and letting his mind wonder across any and everything that he has ever thought of. When finished, he says, "Shall we continue along this path, or finish our circuit around the perimeter of Grenton?"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re, having been awake for the last four hours, grunts affirmitively to the second of Planus' suggestions. "Hrmmph. Let us continue the circuit"

He packs his things quickly and efficiently and is ready in a few minutes.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion rises and says softly but firmly, "We must be doubly careful today. Garma was hunting last night and when he returned, he was more frightened than I have ever seen any canine, and not much can frighten my friend here. Whatever he saw was dangerous. Perhaps even the dragon. I might be able to get Garma to lead us to where he was frightened, but is that what we want?" Kneeling now, Quarion strokes his wolf companion's sleek grey fur, waiting for the group's response.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re, ever paranoid wary, advises caution with a mocking tone in his gruff voice.

"It would not be wise to delve into this matter without suitable reconaissance. If the Wyrm is truly nearby, then jumping into its maw is certainly the worst course of action, with regards to our continued existence."

"We should investigate this, however. The dwarves say: Leave no stone unturned nor any Foe behind your back."

If anyone suggest sending out Liberitas alone, Veras-Re shakes his head. "No. The psicrystal is not as cognizant of its surroundings as a living being would be, nor would it fully comprehend what it would see. Though it is tougher than I, it is small and can easily be snatched away. It would be a good support for a scout but I will not send it out alone."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion nods at Veras-re and Planus, hardly any expression showing on his face. "I agree with both of you. Caution is a necessity, against such a foe as this, we cannot afford to be careless. But Planus is right, we are here to kill a dragon, and if that is what frightened Garma here, we would do well to know its location."

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re grins evilly, showing a mouth with yellowed and missing teeth. T'was a sight more hideous than intimidating. Perhaps it is a friendly gesture on the Dwarf's part, though it is hard to say and difficult to watch.

"Fun? 'Business before Pleasure', Mongrelite."

The cold gleam in his milky-white eyes tells all that Veras-Re is not one to back away from any sort of killing. He is not a wholesome fellow, though it is not to say that the rest of the rugged party were the paragons of civilized society either.

"If we must, then lead the way to what Garma found" he tells Quarion, as he takes up his walking staff for travel and for battle. "We should find it before it finds us, after all. String your bows and steel your swords, if you have not already."

Remove ads