SotD: In the Wilderness (Orsal judging)

fuzzy

First Post
Rika

Yeah, lets get going. I wonder why they would build a fake tower like that. Are they that short on guards?

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Perhaps warring with the Kobold vermin has depleted the ranks of their guardsmen.

Hmmph...Were the snores of the tower we passed were Human or Kobold? Only a fool would sleep at their post at wartime. Then again, I wonder at the wisdom of either race in this region."

If the group has nowhere else to explore, Veras-Re suggests the investigation of the path alongside the Hollow Tower that led south from Grenton.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(The snores were human)

The group follows the path southwards, which quickly leads into more and more forested regions. The path appears to have been mostly used by humans, or at least human-sized people. As night approaches, you are in the forest.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Darkness falls and Veras-Re's vision loses its color. The dwarf turns to the woodwise members of the party in regards of when to camp, where to camp and whether a fire will be used.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Oh, there is an hour of daylight remaining at least! Lets keep following further. There's always another good campsite around the next corner."

When the rest of the group agrees that it is getting to dark (whether now or further down the road), Planus says, "Fine." He droops his head for about a second and, finding sulking boring, says, "I'll find a good campsite." He starts searching the immediate area for a campsite out of the wind with some cover where we can see anyone approaching before they can see us. Planus only needs trance for 4 hours.

OOC: Survival +6
I was hoping one of the druids would suggest a camp site so that Planus could complain about stopping so soon.

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
When they find a campsite, Veras-Re readies his bedroll slightly farther from the campsite than the others. He thrusts his walking staff into the ground, so that the psicrystal gets a good look of the area. The Dwarf leaves instructions with Liberitas to alert him if anyone or anything approaches the camp (40 feet all around vision that ignores darkness, spot +4, listen +4).

After eating, Veras-Re will fall asleep unless he is assigned some kind of watch duty (which he performs without complaint).

OOG: I'll be out of town for the weekend with no internet access. Knight Otu, please NPC Veras-Re if necessary.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion will silently assist with preparing the camp. He gathers some loose foliage and piles them up for camoflauge later in the night. "I suggest we do without a fire this night. Our presence is unknown as of yet, and I for one would like it to stay that way." He kneels and whispers something in Garma's ear. The wolf dashes off into the woods.

OOC: Quarion whispered a command, in druidic: Hunt.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus, still excited from the day and hoping something will happen, stays awake. He moves 20 feet west of the campsite (opposite Veras-Ra) and finds a hiding spot where he can see as much of the forest as possible. He concentrates on holding as still as possible, hoping that the butterfly fluttering around will land on him. If nothing exciting happens, he eventually (4 hours before dawn), he's starting to get tired and so wakes Veras-Ra and trances for the last 4 hours of the night.

OOC: Hide +7

fuzzy

First Post
Rika sets down about 20 feet north of the center of the campsite. She takes her trance while planus is on watch and spends the rest of the night on watch making sure all her fear is ready. She never does take off her chain shirt, even when she trances.

OOC: Spot +2, Listen +2

Remove ads