• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

spell conversion input

mips42

Adventurer
I am working on converting a adventure from PF to 5e but PF has at least one spell with no 5e equivalent: Daze.
From the PF source:
School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level bard 0, sorcerer/wizard 0
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (a pinch of wool or similar substance)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one humanoid creature of 4 HD or less
Duration 1 round
Saving Throw Will save negates;

This spell clouds the mind of a humanoid creature with 4 or fewer Hit Dice so that it takes no actions. Humanoids of 5 or more HD are not affected. Attackers get no special advantage against a dazed subject. After a creature has been affected by this spell, it is immune to the effects of this spell for 1 minute.

I pretty much like all of it but I'm not sure how to translate the effect. I want the feeling of the spell, the caster dazed the opponent, but I'm not sure how I would deal with it mechanics-wise. It seems to be somewhat like 5e's Confusion but available at a lower level.
As I wanted to make it a Cantrip, I was thinking of making the duration 1 round only on an unsuccessful save and, for a successful save, limit the target to move OR action, not both. Thoughts?

Remove ads