D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

Fenris

Adventurer
Snorting at the stout old dwarf, D'avard growls from the shadows of the post he is bound to, "At least on the bottom of the deep blue, I wouldn't have to listen to your friends blathering, dicksuckinflog*." His words suggest that D'avard regained consciousness earlier than he lets on, at least to some degree. Spitting out a bit of blood and a tooth, D'avard chuckles hoarsely, "If you plan on torture, you're going to need a bigger knife. Might even convince me to tell you about that Spaniard who came to me for your head, dwarf..."

Old Zef chuckles, clearly not perturbed one bit by the Seawolf's taunts. Ah the benefit of age. "Dicksuckinflog ? How do you know your mother's pet name? Ah she was an ugly woman, but it kept her prices cheap." grins the old dwarf.

"But I do apologize for our blathering. Perhaps I can simply cut off an ear to help with that. Oh yes, I need a bigger knife." Instantly a knife appears in Old Zef's hand, long, sharp and wicked looking. "Well, flame works as well, I can burn the ear off. Ah but you need yer ears to hear our questions, and yer tongue to answer, I don't see you needin' much else though."

"As fer yer Spaniard, I don't fear no Catalan, Basque nor Valencian. So ye can tell me if you like, but I have no fear of the knowledge."

"Now then. I don't know as ye have been a very grateful guest. I fear you may run out on us." says the dwarf running his finger along the blade of the wicked knife. "You ever hear of Procrustes? Might learn a thing or two."

Old Zef walks behind D'avard. Zef knees down and uses the knife to make a quick clean cut across the back of the ankle, severing the tendon there. Instantly the knife turns into a pile of salt that Zef then rubs into the cut before a bolt of fire shots from his finger to cauterize the wound.

[sblock=OOC]
Knife and salt appear by Minor Conjuration. Fire is from the cantrip Fire bolt. Just trying to prevent the wound from healing, but if it does damage so much the better. :devil: [/sblock]

Quickleaf

Legend
A yowling snarl unleashes from D'avard's mouth, his face fleetingly taking the appearance of a wolfish toothy smile as Zef slices his tendon and packs it with salt. For a moment D'avard strains against the ropes binding him with everything he has. Several of them snap and others fray at the desperate display of strength. The ropes bind him fast, cutting into his scarred skin; however the ropes are damaged now and who's to say what will happen if he summons the strength for another attempt.

Low raspy breaths come from the seawolf, fading into bitter laughter as he realizes he cannot escape. "I see it's not your first time packing salt in a wound, dwarf. Rrrr. You know I'll heal it, just takes longer... The Spaniard was Eduano; he was working for some Spanish woman after something you made. A bellows. He has a hideout by the Little Sound. Merde!" He growls at the pain.

OOC: D'avard Strength check to break ropes (DC 20): 1d20+2 19

I made the escape/break DC of the ropes the same as manacles, due to surreptitious binding and Nia's (?) cantrip. However, he came so close to breaking them, I'm dropping the DC to 18 for any subsequent attempts.

Also, here is a historical map of New Providence Island (where Nassau is located) for reference: http://tile.loc.gov/image-services/jp2.py?data=/service/gmd/gmd4/g4982/g4982n/ar175100.jp2&res=3

Fenris

Adventurer
"Oh I know it will heal. That is why I don't mind cutting the tendon. Hrmmm. You could teach me so much, teach everyone. Hell you could be a scientific miracle. The Scottish anatomists would pay handsomely for a living lijk who could heal back the damage. Imagine the information from daily vivisecting!" exclaims Zef.

"However, despite the coin it would bring, I don't think I could condemn even you to such a living hell D'avard. Of course, Corazon may have other ideas, but so long as you cooperate, and provide little nuggets like Eduano, I think you need not discover the depths of my knowledge about medicine"

OOC:
Old Zef will cast Mending on the ropes

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: I am going out of town today and not returning to Sunday. I will have internet but not sure if I will have the time for a very detailed post. I should be able to get something up in the next day or two though to keep the game moving.

That said, does that expense list look right to Kat?

Quickleaf

Legend
OOC: No worries. The cost estimate from Badouin is in the right ballpark, but depending on how you want to customize things (esp. arm the crew) the cost could fluctuate +/- 600 GP maybe. Guesstimating.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=oops]Barrington looks at the Kid, and nods with a tight smile.

"Thank you, young man. I appreciate your candour. and of course I can keep all of you in mind, should I be in a position to recommend swabbies. Any of you, that are vouched for, at least." As he says that, he turns to the kid, and continues: "Would you like to join me as we head to The Coral Curse?" he puts a hand in his pocket, as if perhaps reaching for a coin, but he keeps it there for now.

Barrington begins to walk in the direction indicated. Assuming the Kid follows him, he introduces himself. "James Barrington." Hand still in pocket.

They walk along the waterfront, and eventually down a flight of stone steps, and approach the beached ship.[/sblock]

OOC: sorry -- just trying to move things along. I thought I had parsed your post correctly. My bad.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
OOC: Hey, just to clarify [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], that the young deckhand (Jack Ponder) is not actually [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]'s PC named Kid. The deckhand was just giving directions on where to find Kid who in turn has a connection with the smuggler Komodo Roy. Sorry, your post just seemed a bit confused on that point!

Then again, if [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION] prefers your interpretation, go for it!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Katerina listens carefully to her benefactor, calculating what to reveal to him, knowing his man Badouin surely told him what he witnessed. "Yes, Barrington. We had a bit of a falling out after our earlier meeting. He seems a fine officer, more than fine actually, but I do not think he likes me as his Captain. I do not know if this is because I am a mujer or daughter to Blackheart or he just did not like my negotiating style. We two are very diferente. Still, I think he should accompany us on our journey, it would be a shame to lose him and his skills." She had more thoughts on the matter but left it at that.

"Well Senor, it's been a busy night. We've had leads on quality crew, and I feel we'll be able to more than adequately staff the ship. You understand we need more than a basic crew for this journey, the normal swabs will not do. Ah, the ship..." She pauses long here as her eyes meet Nia's. "We have an excellent lead on a ship. My new friend Nia is going to be helping with that. That was going to be our next chore... procuring the ship we have in mind. We would have went right to the ship but you called... and we happen to have one of those seadogs you mentioned in our care... that will need taking care of. But we shall deal with that. I wanted you to meet Nia, I feel you two may have some things in common."

Kat sips at her coffee while her monkey jumps around the courtyard. As she watches Bella prance around she spots a man with fine wares edging closer. Always cautious Katerina called over to the man while placing her hand on her pistol. "What are you selling today, Senor?"

peterka99

First Post
Etienne answered with a disarming smile:
"Pelaje, senora. Fine fur. I heard your host is the man any serious trader has to meet in Nassau to sell wares directly to the connoisseurs ". He turns his head toward Du Tourbillon: " Am I right ?"

OOC: I can improvise a 18th century Fashion Show with Performance skill later if it suits the ladies but I need a formal introduction first. The furs are just a pretext to join the game anyway...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Yes," Nia says in reply to the captain, still staring at Tourbillion. "We have a great deal in common, it seems."

She blinks at last and works her head around a little, stretching her neck. With that her demeanor relaxes.

"De ship is, as de captain says, almost ours. We have what we need; only time still stands in our way. Anodda night, possibly two, and we'll be ready to begin restoring her to seaworddy condition."

Nia paused then, and added, "Are dere any odder enemies you know of in port dis evening? A man wit your power and past will have more den one, and any of dem may be lookin' to stand in your path wit dis voyage. De more we know goin' in, de better de odds of us coming back out, wit' your prize."

Remove ads