Spell slots: lower spells in higher slots

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
If you know you're going to need 10 fireballs, you could just get a staff of fire instead of 10 scrolls of Rary's.

Now, if you know you're going to need 10 fireballs tomorrow, you can prepare and cast ten Rary's today. No cash expenditure at all. The only problem is that the ten minute casting time adds up pretty quickly if you're casting it ten times.

Rassilon said:
The nice thing about Rary's is if you know that you are really going to need an extra 10 fireballs today, and you have the cash, 10 scrolls of Rary's later . . .

Rassilon.

Jack Simth

First Post
Rassilon said:
Also, there are a few feats around that let you do something like breaking up the spell slots. I think one was in Lost Empires of Faerun, and I'm sure I've seen another one somewhere.

The nice thing about Rary's is if you know that you are really going to need an extra 10 fireballs today, and you have the cash, 10 scrolls of Rary's later . . .

Rassilon.
Nah - you know you are going to need 10 level 3 spells today, but you aren't sure which of the four 3rd level spells you have prepared you are going to need ten of, and you get 10 scrolls of Rary's (or even better - one wand). If you know you are going to need 10 fireballs, you find, make, or buy 10 scrolls of Fireball.

Remove ads