[Spots Filled] Curse of the Cold Sun (Pathfinder, Eberron, RHoD)

Davachido

Explorer
@Vertexx69 you might want to check your homunculus stats again, 142 hp seems a smidge high. The saves also look off considering they are twice your own and he's got 3 hitdice. His FF AC is higher than his normal AC as well. Also for the sake of tactics when we get round to fighting, you do realize the homunculus's first round every combat is set up for a full round action and be planted?

81Dagon

Explorer
Vertexx: I'm not sure, I'll need to take a closer look at it and that's not likely to happen until tomorrow because of work.

Scotley: No worries, thanks for letting us know.

Vertexx69

First Post
Yeah I just copied over the only other companion block I had, from my lvl 10 druid around 3:30am, thats why I called it a draft ;p setting up the cradle takes a full action if you're carrying around the gun with the stand broken down in a pack. This gun is self propelled and flying so it's stand is always set up. Since its flying it can't be knocked prone.

81Dagon

Explorer
Yeah I just copied over the only other companion block I had, from my lvl 10 druid around 3:30am, thats why I called it a draft ;p setting up the cradle takes a full action if you're carrying around the gun with the stand broken down in a pack. This gun is self propelled and flying so it's stand is always set up. Since its flying it can't be knocked prone.
Haven't finished going through everything else, but I'd like to touch on this right now. The Arbalester is explicitly created out of a crossbow and cannot be seperated from it. I have never seen any rules allow one to be made with another weapon. Furthermore, the Hackbuck requires a stable platform to fire from, just like a Hackbuck in real life. There is no way that a flying creature would be able to provide such stability while remaining in the air. Sorry.

Vertexx69

First Post
I figured since they make you pay for the weapon separately, and the Artificer is the one building it from scratch anyway, the arbalester homunculus could be built into any ranged weapon that fires a projectile, and the steam-punky, victorian era gun seems more Eberron to me. In the picture of the Arbalester its not even a crossbow, its a shortbow. The hackbut could be fired while flying, it would just take the standard -4 penalty, and since guns target touch AC I was fine with it.

But if it has to be a crossbow, can I at least make it large sized so it deals acceptable damage?

I know it seems like I'm being difficult, but I'm just trying to come up with something interesting and new. I thought a crazy goblin artificer riding around on a homunculus cannon would be cool and really fit into the technologically advanced world of this Eberron/Pathfinder homebrew game.

Last edited:

81Dagon

Explorer
I am sorry if you feel that way. I am not trying to be obtuse, I am trying to ensure everything runs smoothly once the game starts. I have sent you a PM and hopefully we can resolve this there. If so, you are still more than welcome to join us once the game begins.

Scotley

Hero
Albion Drury is a casualty of the Last War. His body has few enough scars and he still gets up each day and goes about his business, but much of who he was is lost. A native of Cyre, he had a young pretty wife and a new baby while off at war. That was before the Day of Mourning.

He was a bright and likeably lad who had been a favorite of the local priest of the Sovereign Host, Father Ebere as a schoolboy. The old priest saw a lad of talent and while the boy was not interested in the life of priest he was at least able to secure him appointment to be trained as an Inquisitor. Young Albion was a quick study and the trainers realized that his quick wits and easy manner made him a natural for undercover work. He completed his training and the order looked for an appropriate mission for him. All the while he was wooing a local girl, Markette, a talented young painter apprenticed with House Phiarlan, and as is often the way of such things when it became clear his duty would take him away into danger they wed. The lass quickly conceived a child, but Albion was sent out before the child was born.

In the war the Sovereign Host was largely neutral, but in time of war many dark deeds are preformed and once good folk sometimes turn to evil. Albion’s youth and seemingly guileless nature allowed him to easily infiltrate various dark cabals and underground cults. He was very good at his work and many a dark enterprise was uncovered by his efforts. During this time he only got leave to go home and see his wife and child once. This warm love at home kept him going through the horrors of war. He often saw people at their vilest and most base. At the same time he lived and worked alongside folk that were companions and even in a sense friends despite the wicked acts they sometimes committed. Ultimately, he had to betray them in order to root out their evil and heresy.

He took on many roles working under cover. A position was secured for him with House Orien as a freelance courier which allowed Albion to have reason to travel many places and often be looking for work in new places with the excuse that his commission was complete and the House had no outbound job for him. As time went on, Albion increasingly played hard drinking cigar chain-smoking men of course tastes. He told himself it was only to be better at undercover work, but increasingly this is who he was becoming. He has been a mercenary soldier, an apprentice shopkeep and many others.
His life was ever changing. The one constant in his life was the family he had back home. All the changed on the Day of Mourning. He hoped against hope as the rumors of the Mournland and the horrors within spread. Eventually, he was able to journey deep into the Mournland near the Glowing Chasm. He returned alone and broken. He has never spoken of what horrors he saw there. He has said that he found his wife and child, but no more on the subject. He was never the same after that. In his mind he has questioned his faith and his place in the world. In darker moments he has been known to contemplate the Dark Six and their role in the Sovereign Host. He sometimes has strange dreams of darkness and sometimes fears that he has inadvertently become a vassal of the Traveler.

Following the War, the church has had more Inquisitors than jobs for them and Albion has had too much time on his hands. Falling back on an old cover he has worked security on the Lightning Rail for House Orien.

Finally, he has been called back to work. The church has become aware of disturbing rumors coming out of Q’barra. Old items and possibly sites of worship lost since the Age of Demons have begun to surface as more people venture their looking to find treasure and Dragonshards. Albion has been given a mission to travel to Drellin’s Ferry and follow up on these rumors. His cover is that of a mercenary courier.

Goals--Albion's goal is to find a place where he belongs and my goal for him is to resolve his crisis of faith.

81Dagon

Explorer
Scotley and Vertexx: Both very cool backgrounds. They will definitely create some interesting interactions with the greater storyline.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm gonna have to bow out of this one - it looks like a great game, and I'm impressed with what I've seen of your style so far, 81Dagon. I just don't have the time to give another game the attention it needs right now. Best of luck to you guys, hope it turns out great for you!

Remove ads