Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
mythago said:
Unagi Yojimbo?

Now that's funny. Obscure, but funny.

(Usagi Yojimbo is the name of a series of graphic novels about a samuari rabbit - google it for details. Unagi is japanese for eel. See, you substitute the eel for... and the rabbit now has... err. Maybe you had to be there.)

alsih2o

First Post
Piratecat said:
Now that's funny. Obscure, but funny.

(Usagi Yojimbo is the name of a series of graphic novels about a samuari rabbit - google it for details. Unagi is japanese for eel. See, you substitute the eel for... and the rabbit now has... err. Maybe you had to be there.)

Usagi Hassenpfeffer-

Attachments

• hassenpfeffer.JPG
    hassenpfeffer.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Zhaneel

First Post
Piratecat said:
I would really rather not push it that far back if I can possibly avoid it. I'll accede if there's no other choice, but making the competition larger means that we need to avoid as much "dead time" as we can. I'd rather give out the photos today! You folks know your responsibilities better than I do, though. RW, is this weekend really impossible for you?

This weekend is really impossible for me. I have a car/motorcycle swap thing on Saturday as well as helping cook dinner for friends. Sunday is a 6 hour hike. And Monday is my dance night.

As mythago's versus drose isn't posted until Monday night, could we do ours on Tuesday night (due Friday night) which I don't much like either [out Tuesday night, dinner on Wednesday, Thrusday to write, Friday out] or Wednesday night [still not a great plan but at least I'll still have Thrusday to write]? I prefer a night posting 'cause I'm on the West Coast and therefore can see the posting between arriving home and leaving for any outings to get my brain working. A morning posting means that I have to post the night before so I lose the 6-8 hours of sleeping that I need for work.

Zhaneel

Macbeth

First Post
Well, I have a rough draft done. Hopefully I'll have some time to edit it, amybe even add a couple of scenes.

And, just to pique your interest, my entry is nothing like my last entry. Nothing at all. Completely different flavor.

tzor

First Post
Re: Judgment of Match 1-5

Sorry for the delay, after previously saying that I was going to check En World more often in the early days of this contest, my boss promised me that he might undo my planned redundancy (ie getting laid off) in return for not using the internet at work. So I had to wait until I came home.

(Actually my work computer is annoying. Some of the options ... like the start at the first unread message ... doesn't work for me on my work pc. So reading it at home is better. Even if I was on pins and needles all day.)

Thanks for the good comments. I had to admit that, being new to all this, I got a little intimidated when my story hit two printed pages. I wasn't sure how that would translate to the screen. In hindsight I should have added a little more.

Now I can sit back, and take in the styles of everyone in the next rounds. Just watch out ... I'm learning and I'll be ready for the next season! :cool:

BSF

Explorer
tzor said:
Thanks for the good comments. I had to admit that, being new to all this, I got a little intimidated when my story hit two printed pages. I wasn't sure how that would translate to the screen. In hindsight I should have added a little more.

Now I can sit back, and take in the styles of everyone in the next rounds. Just watch out ... I'm learning and I'll be ready for the next season! :cool:

I have the cure! Hit the link in my .sig and go check out one of Sialia's yarns. :) All of her stories from that competition were a little longer than 2 printed pages. But yeah, I know what you are saying. You look at it and begin to think "That's going to be a long post..."

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
tzor said:
I got a little intimidated when my story hit two printed pages. I wasn't sure how that would translate to the screen. In hindsight I should have added a little more.

Isn't that scary? But it's all about the word count, not the page count. I still can't accurately judge how a Word document translates length-wise to the message boards.

Remove ads