SSoM Eberron Campaign.

Aethramyr

First Post
To Professor Portnoy Ir'Monton, Morgrave university.

I’m sorry to tell you that Professor Bonal Geldem is dead. I realize that the news has probably reached you by now, But I was there when He was killed, so I though you should hear the manner of it from me.

I had been looking for Professor Bonal for some days. He was my mentor and had helped with much of my research in the past. I was walking to the university after dinner when a small goblin child runs up, drops a note in my hand, and runs off. The note said:

“Someone’s following me. They trashed my house, and were still there when I got home. I left without them seeing me…I think. Please get someone from the watch and meet me at 8th Bell at the Kelsa Spire plaza. I’ll be glad to make a full report to the Watch then.”

As far as I could tell, it was his handwriting, and I wasted no time getting to the Watch. Captain of the watch Iyanna Ir’Talan knows me, and wasted no time getting to her. Her guards started to stop me when I started pounding on her door, I could hear her talking with some people inside, before finally hearing her say to come in.

Bursting through, I only gave a cursory glance at the six other people in the room, focusing on Captain Iyanna. Speaking quickly, I explained what I was doing and the note I was given., and begged her to send some men. Oddly, she told the various people with her that this would be a good opportunity to start assisting the watch, and to take me to meet with professor Bonal. And that we should leave quickly, as it was getting near the time to meet him.

While it wasn’t far to the meeting place, directly, the frustrating streets of Sharn Made the journey a lot longer than it should have been.

I’m sorry, Professor, I’m very sorry, but we were too late. We saw Professor Bonal’s body from quite a distance, and it wasn’t until we got closer that we found out the awful truth. That he was dead. I broke down upon seeing that, and took some time to regain my composure. One of the people Captain Iyanna sent with me must have had some experience with crimes and such, Sammael he said his name was, made some observations of the body while the others looked around for anything that could tell what has happened.

I learned their names at various times, but it’s probably best if I put them in now. There was the investigator named Sammael, who held a cane even though he didn’t seem the least bit lame. Kimberlite Cleverforge, a dwarf who’s shop you may have heard of. He’s an Artificer of some renown. With him was a large warforged, named Vigil. He didn’t carry any weapons with him, but he was large enough to probably not need them.

There was also Sara, who is a bard and a half-elf, besides. The soft music she made while we were looking around may have had some power behind it, because I felt a little more able to handle the situation, more resolute. Lastly there was Lanatash. He was a black-haired Kalashtar, and he had a semblance of power about him that was familiar. I would learn he was a Soul Knife, and it was his Psionic ability that I was noticing.

Sammael said that it was someone very strong who had Killed professor Bonal, and also found on his person what appeared to be a notepad, except all the pages were blank. It had some strange symbols on it as well. But more disturbingly, Sammael said that whatever killed him, it wasn’t very long ago and it could still be nearby.

That statement would turn out to be prophetic, because we had only the quickest idea that something was there, before it attacked.

It was another warforged, and it shouted something about us being “Meat Sacks”, except for Vigil, who it tried to extol into helping it destroy us. Vigil was more loyal, however, and we started fighting against this unknown warforged. It wasn’t easy, and several of us were hurt before we managed to deactivate the other Warforged. When we did, a small..piece… detached it self from the entity’s chest and flew off into Sharn, too fast for us to follow. After watching it escape over the city towers, we turned back to the grim task of Professor Bonal’s death.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t anything more to do, and we brought the Professor’s body back to the watch. We made our report to Iyanna ir’Talan, Said our goodbyes, making an agreement to meet back the next day to see what else could be learned, and left our separate ways.

I went back to my room on the university campus, turned out the light, and wept until I fell asleep.

I’ll write more later, professor.

Kaisha Starfall.

Last edited:

Aethramyr

First Post
Introduction

One of the things we do with our "Savage Sword of Meepo" comapaign is have secondary (and tertiary) campaigns. Most likely, This one will transition To the Primary one, as The actuall Meepo campaign is winding down. If you've been keeping up with it, (it's around on the boards somewhere, "Wizardru's Story Hour") You probably see many plot points are getting closed out. If you havn't...well, it's a BIG read, so better get started :D

In any event, This will hopefuly be the record of our Eberron Campaign. Dravot is doing the DM job this time around, Giving Wizardru a chance to play.

Welcome to the show.

Aethramyr

First Post
Bookeeping:

Have to get in the habit of this, it's worked well for Zad in the past:

OOC Notes: This is chapter 1a of our adventures, 1a + 1b nets 1000xp
chapter 2 was 1200 xp
chapter 3 was 800 xp.

Story hours for those will go up as I can get them done.

Funeris

First Post
Ahhh...I love keeping up with your gaming group. It'll be nice to see where this one goes, Aethramyr ;)

Waiting anxiously for the next update

~Fune

LordVyreth

First Post
Neat. I'm just finishing up the Eberron campaign book myself, and since I'm not really playing or running an Eberron campaign now (well, technically one campaign I'm in is Eberron, but we recently switched planes to one with the DM's homebrew, so we may not be seeing much of it for a while,) this will give me a good chance to see how all of it works.

Err, would it be a conflict of interest if I ask Dravot if I can make some monsters for him, too?

dravot

First Post
LordVyreth said:
Neat. I'm just finishing up the Eberron campaign book myself, and since I'm not really playing or running an Eberron campaign now (well, technically one campaign I'm in is Eberron, but we recently switched planes to one with the DM's homebrew, so we may not be seeing much of it for a while,) this will give me a good chance to see how all of it works.

Err, would it be a conflict of interest if I ask Dravot if I can make some monsters for him, too?

And so what if it was? I'd be honored to use your monsters to kill the party. :D

dravot

First Post
Oh, for those keeping track, I'm following some of the published Eberron adventures (including Dungeon Magazine). We started with Forgotten Forge, and are currently in Shadows of the Last War.

If, as a player, you know that you might be doing these adventures, you may wish to duck out now.

LordVyreth

First Post
dravot said:
And so what if it was? I'd be honored to use your monsters to kill the party. :D

Exxxcellent. Do you plan on starting a general "My players keep out" discussion in Rogue's Gallery a la Dru? Or you can just email me with any requests.

The real question is what ideas I submitted to Dru are fair game? I have a few lower CR monsters that will almost certainly not be used in the Meepo game at this point, but you can never be sure he isn't planning on slapping a few templates on one and using it to go to town. Maybe Dru can offer some clarification on what is and isn't fair game as far as he knows now? Of course, it might be better if I not use any of them, since Dru at least will be prepared for them now.

So who's playing what at this point? Is it the same seven people, or have you added some new players?

WizarDru

Adventurer
LordVyreth said:
So who's playing what at this point? Is it the same seven people, or have you added some new players?

Our standard group; WizarDru, Scorch, Aethramyr, Valanthe the Sleepless, Zad, Dravot, Argent Silvermage and the occasional guest appearance by Oldschool1e.

The campaign is based out of Sharn, as you may have guessed. Each character has some relation to the city guard. We have been commissioned to act as a sort of 'special division' for the guard, as you'll see.

As for ideas, if it's a low-level monster, I doubt I'd remember much about it, short of going directly to the thread and referencing it. Most creatures that I DO use are often modified, classed, advanced and then templated for your protection. Or pain. Either way, I don't see any reason why you couldn't send some stuff dravot's way. We're a very non-metagaming group, all things considered.

Remove ads