SSoM Eberron Campaign.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Restart of game.

We've been away from this game for a while but as of Saturday we will be picking it back up.

Here is the info from the DM (Dravot) presented to us as a reminder of where we stand.

Refresher info:

"You are working as inquisitives for the Sharn Watch, for different reasons depending on your individual circumstances. Sometimes you are specifically law enforcers, other times you wind up being some level of private investigators. You receive a small stipend for your duties, and are allowed to keep any loot you receive, subject to a 10% fee to the Sharn Watch (which I basically handwave - it's not worth the bookkeeping, and loot values that I give you have the 10% already calculated).

First, you ventured into the deep levels of Sharn, to an abandoned House Cannith forge, and recovered an ancient magical template. You were attacked by warforged along the way.

Next, you went to the Mournlands, searching for another template. Again, you were attacked by warforged, but also by the Emerald Claw (a shadow group that embraces the undead from the Kingdom of Karrn), led by a vampire named Garrett. At the time, he hinted that he had a 3rd template, and wanted the one that you were retrieving. Interestingly, there were 2 copies of the template. I believe (but I'm not 100% sure) that you kept the 2nd copy.

Next adventure saw you recovering the hand of a statue from an old, rundown part of town. It turns out that the 'people' who had the hand, had almost all of the rest of the statue. All that was missing was the left eye. We broke for the night with you discussing whether you would hand over just the hand, or turn in the entire statue for a larger reward.

While you were travelling through Sharn on this adventure, you came across a prison break from a House Medani caravan. 6 villains wound up getting away, but you captured or killed the other prisoners. A cursory investigation showed that all of the cages were opened with keys, nothing was broken or jimmied or lockpicked. You moved on with your mission without gathering much more in the way of info. Note: Valenthe's character is a member of the dragonmarked House Medani.

The only other thing of note is the news from 2 weeks ago about noted Sharn Inquisitive Victor Saint-Demain, who recovered a stolen silver basilisk statue for House Medani. It belongs to Baron Trelib d'Medani, head of Medani's Warning Guild, and a distant relative of Valenthe's character. Scorch's character, Sammael, views Victor as a role-model, and read up on the story closely, but hasn't had the chance to meet Victor. Valenthe's character has, since the Warning Guild often outsources work they can't do to Victor. She found him to be conceited and pompous - but then again, she says that about a lot of people. "

I really like the mix of characters in this game. The symbiotic dynamic between Vigil and Kimberlyte, Sara's thoughtful composure, Kaisha's prissy and confidance, Sammael's Intelegence, and Lanatash's scary competence.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Vigil at 4th level

Vigil
Warforged, 4th Level WF Paladin
Medium Living Construct
Hit Dice: 4d10+16
Hit Points: 41 (0)
Action Points: 7
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+0 Dex, +5 Mitheral Composite Plating, +1 Shield), touch 10, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+8
Weapon Attacks:
• +1 Longsword: +9/1d8+5/19-20x2
• Lt. Crossbow: +4 1d8/ 19-20/ x2

Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Slam attack +8 dmg: 1d4+4 (silvered)
Special Qualities: Warforged traits
Saves: Fort +9/+10*, Ref +1, Will +7
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills: Hide +3**, Listen +2, Spot +2, Move Silently +3**, Search +0, Profession: Guard +4, Swim +2, Jump +2, Climb +2, Knowledge Religion +6, Sense Motive +8.
Feats: Mitheral Body, Silver Tracery (* +1 fort saves vs. Spells and spell like effects.)
Languages: Common
Alignment: Lawful Good

Warforged Traits (Ex):
+2 Constitution, –2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.
Immune to sleep, paralysis, nausea, poison, exhaustion, sickened condition, energy drain.
A warforged’s base land speed is 30 feet.
No need for sleep, eat, drink, breath.
Body is enchantible
Light Fortification (25% chance a critical or sneak attack is negated.)

Warforged Paladin Traits:
Aura of good, Smite Construct & Evil 2/day +0 to hit +4 damage, Detect Evil, Repair Damage (16pts), Durable Will, Aura of courage, Immune to Stunning, Turn Undead (2/day as 1st level cleric), Paladin spells.

Paladin Spells:
1st level: Bless (2nd level caster)

Weight Allowance: Light 116, Medium 233, Heavy 350, Pull 1,650, Lift 350.

Equipment:
50gp
Back Pack
10 bolts and case
Light Crossbow.
Light Steel Shield
Battle Axe
Cold Iron Bar (As Club 1d6/x2/range 10’)
+1 Longsword.
Warforged Component: Essence of the Scout. (Takes up amulet space/ **+5 Move Silent and Hide)

Basic Background:
Vigil was one of the last of the original line of soldier Warforged created without the benefit of sentience. He fought bravely but eventually succumbed to the damage done to him.
A year passed while he lay in disrepair until a collector repaired him and displayed him in his shop. Another year passed while the machine stood watching the streets of Sharn. One night all of this changed.

A young human girl was walking home one rainy night when a half Orc man rushed up to her and attacked. She cried for help and the Warforged Paladin came to life. He smashed open the store window and Smited the would-be rapist in one blow. Vigil can feel the Silver flame flowing through him.

Appearance:
6’8” and weighing a bit over 200 pounds Vigil looks more like a suit of armor than many Warforged. His Mitheral plating is highly polished and he has embroidered blue cloth strips about 4 feet long and 6 inches wide attached to the plates under his pectorals. His eyes are silver blue.
He has recently had Kimberlite trace prayers into his plating in pure silver.

Personality:
Very devoted to the party. Vigil is a being with very little facade. He is fiercely proud to be a Warforged and takes his role in society as a warrior and guardian very seriously. He has attached himself to a Dwarven Artificer named Kimberlite Cleverforge who is his employer and source of repair and augmentation. Kimberlite does not know this but Vigil has vowed to protect the Artificer and his decedents for as long as he is active. Given that no one really knows if the Warforged have a finite lifespan that could be a very long time. He tends to give all of his free money to Kimberlite as he has no need to eat or cloth himself.
Vigil is a scavenger. He has a tendency to pick up items from his fallen enemies even if it makes no sense at the time. Because of this quirk in his personality he has a tendency to be a bit under-equipped.

EXP: 6,000

Argent Silvermage

First Post
New Prestige class needed

"Pulls Artificers bacon out of fire." must be a starting point.
"Shield Other" and "Bind the crazy dwarf" should be a part as well.

Prerequsites:
Exasperated Warforged Paladin (Check!)

Must have: crazy Dwarven Artificer as friend and sole source of healing for the group. (check!)

LordVyreth

First Post
Well, I'll wait for Dru's word on the subject. :)

Speaaaking of which, Dru, I don't suppose you still have a link to the old "Help me make monsters and stuff" board for that campaign, do you? I was archiving my notes on unique rules that I created, and I noticed that I somehow deleted half the entry for one of the monsters I gave you.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
LordVyreth said:
Well, I'll wait for Dru's word on the subject. :)

Speaaaking of which, Dru, I don't suppose you still have a link to the old "Help me make monsters and stuff" board for that campaign, do you? I was archiving my notes on unique rules that I created, and I noticed that I somehow deleted half the entry for one of the monsters I gave you.
Silly! Dru's not the DM on this game. Dravot is. :mad:

Remove ads