SSoM Eberron Campaign.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Vigil of the Flame

This game is so much fun! I get to play the front line fighter and I'm having a blast. Warforged Paladins are a very cool class-race combo to play.

Lefferts

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
This game is so much fun! I get to play the front line fighter and I'm having a blast. Warforged Paladins are a very cool class-race combo to play.

But have you been swallowed yet?

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Lefferts said:
But have you been swallowed yet?
Why did you have to bring in that uglyness Leffert? Just WHY?

Actually No I haven't been eaten yet and don't expect to be any time soon. we are 2nd level after all.

Vigil's cool signature thing right now is he has no use for money so gives his portions to the group. He is Kinberlite's assistant/shopkeep/guard and as such also his bodyguard on adventures, In return he repaires me and upgrades me when he can. This has led to him having nothing in the way of equipment when we first played and he simply scavages from his fallen opponents for what he needs most times.

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
Argent Silvermage said:
we are 2nd level after all.

Speak for yourself. Some of us are 3rd. We got there the hard way, mind you. Spending action points to be able to get half-powered healing? Ugh.

On the bright side, as a 3rd level Artificer, I am now officially Bufftastic (tm). And with the ability to make wondrous items...well, cool stuff abounds.

Aethramyr

First Post
Professor Portnoy Ir'Monton, Morgrave University,

To continue where I left off my last message, the next day we all met to determine a new course of action.
Our best guess was to find more information about the Notebook we found on Professor Bonal’s….
Sorry..I still find it hard to acknowledge he is dead... It’s been some time, but it still hurts. He was a good man and good teacher. We found the notebook on him, and I’m leaving it at that.

What follows next was painful too. We figured the only way to determine anything about the notebook was to see what he had been working on, and that meant going to his office. I was not certain how it would be looked upon, searching through a faculty member’s things, but since we had what amounted to approval from the watch, we went to it. A lot of his notes from remembered lectures brought his loss back into the for front of my mind, and I broke down once or twice during the search, but eventually, found a lead.

It appears that Professor Bonal was dealing with a Lady Elaydren d'Cannith, and we secured an audience with her. She seemed pretty suspicious, but once we explained that we had the notebook, and had some minor association with the watch, she started explaining that she was working with the professor to find a lost Cannith forge, and an object supposedly contained in it.

She touched a signet ring she was wearing to the Book, and suddenly, writing started appearing on the formerly blank pages! Unfortunately, even with the number of languages I’ve learned, I could not read it. Lady Elaydren, however, could, and told us what she needed. We would supposedly behind a door in the seamy side of Sharn, a door that lead to an older, unused area of the pipes and sewers that service the city. We were to go there and look for the forge, and secure a plate about the size of a human hand with a star-symbol on it. She gave us the number of a access hatch, and told us to find someone who could give us directions to the hatch. We gathered what items we thought we would need, and went into the city.

Most of the details of the trip there are unnecessary. Suffice it to say we found someone to point us in the direction of the hatch we needed, a Goblin who ran what can only be called a “shop” in the broadest sense of the word. He sold stuff. We bought information from him and went on our way.

Once there, however, things got exciting. Upon arriving at the hatch, we were ambushed! Another hulking Warforged, what appeared to be a shifter, and I think a few other creatures attacked us! This warforged had similar markings as the one who attacked Professor Bonal, and was a fearsome opponent. I mostly stayed away from the combat, and Lanashtar and Vigil waded in. The fight was made more difficult by several pipes lining the hall where we were fighting, and occasionally, one would suddenly open, releasing a vile substance and knocking over anyone who had the misfortune of being in it’s way. Luckily I avoided the pipes, but one or two of my companions were not so lucky, and were subsequently dunked.

The combat was over as suddenly as it occurred, I remember a spectacular attack from Lanashtar, his glowing weapon striking out and a sudden burst of light as it cut deeply into his attacker. Sammael flayed about with his club, solidly hitting another assailant. When the Warforged went down, another of those devices disconnected from its (or maybe her?) body, and tried flying away. We were ready for it, but we just missed disabling it. Kimberlite explained to me that it was a “Final Messenger”, a device that would send a message to a set location or person when that Warforged was disabled. We didn’t know where it was going, but we guessed that we didn’t want them to know that we had defeated this warforged. Unfortunately, it was too late now, and we opened the hatch and entered the darkness.

Getting to the forge was simpler once we were inside the hatch. Mostly we went down a large pipe, and landed in a large metallic cavern with a small amount of liquid on the floor, and several piles of garbage. Coming out of the garbage were several large furry shapes, and when they go closer, we saw they were large rats!

It looked like it was going to be a bad fight for us. The rats spread some poison with their bites. I focused some of my power and used ability on a small group of them. Well, it was only two, but it made them think they were severely wounded by an attack. I’m not sure what would happen if I tried doing that to intelligent beings. I expected the rats to simply flee; instead they just kind of flipped over and played dead. Either way, they were out of the fight, and we dispatched the rest with little problem.

Further in this chamber was what looked like a broken shack. The windows were shuttered tight, and the solid door was barred from the inside. A symbol of House Cannith could be seen on it, and we surmised that we had found the forge. Now it was a matter of finding a way in. We were getting worried about that until Lanashtar spotted a large hole in the ceiling. Now it was a matter of trying to get up there, but we had a grappling hook, and while it took a few tries to finally lodge it firmly enough to climb up, we made it too the hole and peered inside…

LordVyreth

First Post
So how had the game been progressing at this point? Was everyone adjusting to their characters and places in the party? Were they able to handle 1st level again after being 20+ for so long?

How many adventures between now and the game's most recent events?

Aethramyr

First Post
Unfortunatly, these two storys compromise..uh...1a and 1b, with part 1c to come. Darn my slow writing! Darn, DARN my slow writing!

uh..well, there's session 1, in wich we attempt to recover the Plate-device. Session 2, Where we are sent to discern the location of an old Cannith Forge, and another plate-device there in. 3. We find the lost forge, hate the fact that it's in the Mornlands, and Bolo gets killed...Meet some cows...sorta...and 4, we find out why one of the towns we encountered previously is coated in Glass...

/OOC xp for the session today, 650.

Aeth

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Last night was fun. Dravot is a great DM and it showed when some of us were sucked into a VERY new environment.
As for your lovable Warforged Paladin... I held my own but my Dwarven companion better start staying behind me more often. :)

LordVyreth

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Last night was fun. Dravot is a great DM and it showed when some of us were sucked into a VERY new environment.

I'm not positive, but I think I should be chuckling evilly at this....

Remove ads