Staggering Strike

Moon-Lancer

First Post
a normal 14 level rogue only does about 29 damage an attack. (7*3.5)+(2.5+3) They could do more they could do less. If your rogue character is doing 100 points of damage an attack, you have more problems then just this feat.

A fighter or any con based class is going to have a around a 16+d20 to thier fort save. they have about a 50% chance to make the save. I don't think the rogue is going to hit with every attack. I say the fighter has a 66%-77& chance he fails.

hong

WotC's bitch
Moon-Lancer said:
a normal 14 level rogue only does about 29 damage an attack. (7*3.5)+(2.5+3)

Try (7x3.5) + 3.5+3+3+7 (weapon, enhancement bonus, Strength, holy).

This looks like a super-annoying feat in actual play. Ban it.

Vysirez

First Post
Not to mention that any melee character who can work in at least 1d6 sneak attack can take this feat. So your 14th lvl rogue doesnt hit that much. What bout your raging hugely strong power attacking Barb10/Rogue4? So he doesnt get a ton of hits, the DC for his one hit is gonna be nuts.

moritheil

First Post
IanB said:
I don't really see how PCs becoming undead can be presented as anything like the norm.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about it in high-level play. Most games I've been in have allowed it if the player is willing to suck up the (usually horrific) LA.

hong

WotC's bitch
moritheil said:
I don't see what's so unbelievable about it in high-level play. Most games I've been in have allowed it if the player is willing to suck up the (usually horrific) LA.

In which case, the games you've been in have been nowhere near the norm.

Nail

First Post
moritheil said:
I don't see what's so unbelievable about it in high-level play.
"In my high level game, everyone used _______. So that means most high level games use _____."

:lol:

moritheil

First Post
Nail said:
"In my high level game, everyone used _______. So that means most high level games use _____."

:lol:

Not necessarily. I've also been in low-level games where players were allowed the option of being undead, but most cool undead forms have so much LA that it isn't feasible to play one until higher levels.

Of course, you could always argue that the people I tend to associate with have broader minds in terms of allowing these things.

Darklone

moritheil said:
Not necessarily. I've also been in low-level games where players were allowed the option of being undead, but most cool undead forms have so much LA that it isn't feasible to play one until higher levels.
Undead without LA?

"Braiiiinnns."

Patlin

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Very few PCs and NPCs are immune to sneak attacks in my (epic) game. I see this feat as quite strong.

How many of those PCs and NPCs can afford, for example, a potion of blur? Sneak attack can be negated in so many ways, it's a bit sad.

Still a highly questionable feat, though.

Remove ads