• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stands for cardboard minis?

KeithHays

First Post
While digging thru some old D&D stuff I came across a couple of gray plastic stands, just over an inch wide with a slot down the middle that hold creature counters, etc. very well. I can't remember where they came from, though. Does anybody know where I could find them?
In my last campaign, I actually took caramels, sliced them across the top with a sharp knife, and inserted the counters in them. "You kill 'em, you eat 'em". Worked great, actually.

haiiro

First Post
SJG appears to make these plastic bases as part of their Carboard Heroes line (stand-up cardboard mini substitutes):

http://www.sjgames.com/heroes/

The entry of interest is at the very bottom of the page.

I know that they also came with the old Spelljammer boxed set, as that's where all of the ones that I have came from.

Spotty

First Post
I make my own by inserting the counters into magic clips (those paper clip like things that you use a dispenser to put on) and then mounting the magic clips on coins (being Australian I use 10c pieces) with a small piece of BluTac.

Fairly cheap (especially if work supplies the clips and BluTac) and works well. I must admit I like the caramel idea though.

Oh, and there's a picture of magic clips on this page if you have no idea what I am talking about. Most office supply places should have them.

Spotty

Last edited:

Remove ads