• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Munchkin RPG!!!

Turanil

First Post
Robbert Raets said:
... is funny and entertaining!

What's this game about, other than what's obvious from the title? I only found a cover pic and a vague description. Enough to be intrigued and wanting to know more, not enough to want to buy it (I wouldn't play it, but I suppose it's an interesting read?).

cover_sm.jpg

Turanil

First Post
In fact I do have Transhuman space, Dragonstar, Bulldogs!, Traveller 20, Star-Wars d20, Blood and Space, and d20 Modern (soon I will get d20 Future). Concerning Star Munchkin, I witnessed it today at my LFGS. Intrigued I got a look... and found it was a d20 game! Since I am collecting d20 sci-fi games (not all of them though, as for example I am not going to buy Babylon 5 , for I fon't like the way they tweaked the d20 rules), I bought that little book!

So, Star Munchkin appears to be a small d20 supplement for playing sci-fi in a comical and cartoony way. I regret that one must also have the Munchkin Player's Handbook (as skills are not described for instance), but I think that gamers used to d20 games and having at least one core rulebook (I suppose that having d20SW would be best in this case) can use it without problems.

As I see it, Star Munchkin is good for an adventuring session or two, to make a break from a regular campaign. I also believe that to really have fun with this one, you need to have a really good DM, and also good players (and probably no novice players).

Robbert Raets

Explorer
I don't think you really need the Munchkin Player's Handbook, though it add to the fun :)

The reason I asked about your sci-fi knowledge is because Star Munchkin parodies almost all famous science fiction movies, series and games. There's even a stab at text-based PC adventures.

Remove ads