Star Trek Discovery not getting any better I fear.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Nerdrotic is the Youtube channel I said I needed to stop watching. His level of hate for the show seems excessive. I saw the video that you're talking about. I agree that you can't put much faith in his views on the tweet. Last season it was Lorca. This season it's Pike. Next season it'll be someone else.

I did like the theory he mentioned. The one about the red angel is Spock trying to fix the time line. Even if it's not Spock I hope that's what it is. Maybe it's Sam from Quantum Leap. :cool: :lol:

Hussar

Legend
Nerdrotic is the Youtube channel I said I needed to stop watching. His level of hate for the show seems excessive. I saw the video that you're talking about. I agree that you can't put much faith in his views on the tweet. Last season it was Lorca. This season it's Pike. Next season it'll be someone else.

I did like the theory he mentioned. The one about the red angel is Spock trying to fix the time line. Even if it's not Spock I hope that's what it is. Maybe it's Sam from Quantum Leap. :cool: :lol:

Ties in nicely with Enterprise. :D :lol:

CapnZapp

Legend
Had hopes for the new season of Discovery as I have been a major Trekker since I first watched the original series in the '60s. This is only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt but the show runners have somehow managed to make Star Trek almost unwatchable.

Michael continues to add to her resume: now in addition to being the best pilot and best science officer, she also has a complete understanding of engineering systems. And the direction--just terrible, I can't remember when I last watched a show with so many people standing around doing literally nothing while the protagonist literally does everything. Standing with concerned looks on their faces, hands hanging loosely at their sides the other officer's body language was cliche and consistent with innocent bystanders waiting to be saved.

Finally what is with the continued cursing by everyone and what happened to any semblance of respect for the chain of command or higher-ranked officers? Guys and Gals (writers or directors) although Star Fleet isn't a military for pete's sake even the crew on a cruise ship or a freighter don't voice whatever flippant thought that pops into their heads and ignore direct orders or contravene them like the crew of the Discovery does.

Although it is out of context Jack Nicholson had it right (especially aboard a ship in deep space): "we follow orders or people die". In my opinion it should be a rare and meaningful moment that a crew member chooses to disobey a direct order not business as usual.

Nope. Didn't like it. Not at all.

My gauge for Star Trek is pretty simple: Would I be excited to visit the world being presented in the stories. Honestly--not at all.

MK
I gave up and didn't even finish the first season.

Only came back to see it when I heard Michelle Yeoh was cast to play Evil Emperor.

Will stick to Orville until her new show is aired.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Why is this set as a wiki thread? [MENTION=21576]Mage of Spellford[/MENTION], that means anybody can edit your original post. Did you intend to do that?

Ryujin

Legend

I was wondering if that might have been the channel you referenced. He is a bit... extreme. I try to keep my opinions to why I dislike a thing, rather than trying to convince others to dislike it too ;)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I was wondering if that might have been the channel you referenced. He is a bit... extreme. I try to keep my opinions to why I dislike a thing, rather than trying to convince others to dislike it too ;)

That's exactly what he seems to be doing.

I rewatched New Eden this morning. One complaint was the fast edits in scenes. I noticed it more the second time around. Other than being noticed, it had little impact on me or the story. I think it was a way to squeeze some characters in and get reaction shots to what was being said or happening. I'm ok with that. You have a group of people on a sizeable stage, you'll have to move a bit to get them in.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
[video=youtube_share;8rvMqRrtmkY]https://youtu.be/8rvMqRrtmkY[/video]

The full episode is available to watch.

ccs

41st lv DM
Well, since I really liked season 1, I guess season 2 not getting much better isn't the worst thing in the world. :)

That said, I'm still not going to sign up for thier streaming service. I'll just wait patiently & let my cousins get me the dvd next Christmas....

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, since I really liked season 1, I guess season 2 not getting much better isn't the worst thing in the world. :)

I liked s1, and s2 is even better. There aren’t many shows I eagerly await each week, but this is one.

Remove ads