Trailer Star Trek: Discovery - Official Season 5 Trailer

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Lower Decks is fun as long as you can work with the fact its a comedy.
Comedy is fine. I just struggle with the format--cartoons with high pitched gabbling voices just throw me out. I can handle The Simpsons, but Lower Decks is just too hyperactive for me. I wish it were otherwise, but that's just me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you see any reason why they should, outside of your dislike of it? It hardly stops them telling any stories they want to tell.
I don't know what to tell you. Literally just saying what I like. I don't feel the need to defend it to you.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Comedy is fine. I just struggle with the format--cartoons with high pitched gabbling voices just throw me out. I can handle The Simpsons, but Lower Decks is just too hyperactive for me. I wish it were otherwise, but that's just me.

That's fair. I adjusted to it, but I won't claim it wasn't an adjustment.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Yeah, Picard definitely hasn't sounded like my cup of tea. I was thinking Lower Decks might be my next foray back into Trek, but SNW sounds promising.
I highly recommend SNW. Lower Decks is fun, chock full of Easter eggs, references, and examinations of Star Trekisms that a Star Trek nerd will appreciate, and they throw in some interesting plotlines as well.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
So many issues with three and four.... They could have spent season four rebuilding the federation planet by planet. But no, stupid save the Galaxy stuff. I loved the first two and a half years....

CapnZapp

Legend
I quite like them both, but I can easily see the difference in approach.
I consider myself a Trekkie, so I have given Discovery no less than three chances. Not once have I managed to finish a season. The way everybody acts first and thinks not at all, while ignoring science and logic, like in an action movie, is extremely off-putting.

Is season three the one with Michelle Yeoh as "evil" space empress? :D That season I made it the longest.

Zardnaar

Legend
I consider myself a Trekkie, so I have given Discovery no less than three chances. Not once have I managed to finish a season. The way everybody acts first and thinks not at all, while ignoring science and logic, like in an action movie, is extremely off-putting.

Is season three the one with Michelle Yeoh as "evil" space empress? :D That season I made it the longest.

It's rough but it's better than TNG season 1 and Voyager;).

Remove ads