Star Trek rated R

I've always wondered what a Tarantino scifi film would look like. But a Tarantino Star Trek film? That is amazing. Now I wish he'd done this sooner, and with the cast of Next Generation.

I believe it when I see it.
This decision sounds like a mistake. Based on the article, Mr. Tarentino does not understand that Star Trek is bigger than him.

Edit: On second thought, they could do something from the First Romulan War, which will require gratituous violence (and doubtless Kirk will find an opportunity to seduce some attractive young female), a genre at which Tarentino excels.
Gratitous violence in the Romulan War? While that sounds logical, according to canon, no one in the Federation actually knew how Romulans looked until the events in Balance of Terror, so it seems the war hapened without direct physical combat, or at least without leaving corpses behind.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
This sounds horrible. More evidence to me that the people running Trek do not understand Trek at all. Or they don't care and are just remaking it as they see fit for the current audience.

I'm in the minority in that outside a couple flicks I find QT to be not so good, Oh well there is always the classic show.

Oh well there is always the classic show.

Thank god for DvD/blu-ray and then in a few years a 4k release..I mean honestly they should just re-air the classic episodes and give up on all attempts to modernize ore reinvent the show/movies.movies. I mean some of theses directors make the claim they were fans of the show grow up but I think that's just a lie said to help try to win over people.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hmmmm...this thread has me thinking. Star Trek Reimagined: The TV Show

Invite big name/hot newcomer directors interested in such a thing to either retell classic storylines or tell new stories in the established ST settings, but in their own style. They’d get to do single episodes or, for some, up to 4-6 episode arcs.

(And I mean that, even as I think of M. Night Shaymalan’s taste for “twists” and so forth. :eek:)

Imagine what Guillermo Del Toro or Clive Barker could do with “Wolf in the Fold”. Or Khan’s storyline in the hands of John Fawcett (Orphan Black). There’s all kinds of fun Ridley Scott could have.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
according to canon, no one in the Federation actually knew how Romulans looked until the events in Balance of Terror, so it seems the war hapened without direct physical combat, or at least without leaving corpses behind.
...nuclear and antimatter explosions are not conducive to leaving corpses around...

So it could work, if the war was all spaceship combat - no James Bond stuff or planetary invasions. Plus, don't Vulcans and Romulans look almost alike?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
...nuclear and antimatter explosions are not conducive to leaving corpses around...

So it could work, if the war was all spaceship combat - no James Bond stuff or planetary invasions. Plus, don't Vulcans and Romulans look almost alike?
As I recall, they’re related.

Remove ads