Star Trek rated R

pming

Legend
Hiya!

I'd love to see it all take place in/around a set area....so, not on a starship. Maybe a base? An orbital station? Something where we get to see stuff in the Trek universe that we pretty much never really get to, at least not with any depth anyway. I mean, really, just WHY do the Klingons hate the federation? Why do the Romulans hate the Vulcans? How do families and individuals...that never 'joined' Star Fleet but were born into it...feel when their life is suddenly upended in a surprise attack by some crazed [insert ST race]?

A story that blurs the line between "good" and "bad"...as many of Tarantino's films do...and shows more realistic expectations and reactions from "normal folk on the base".

I still remember on episode of Babylon 5 where a camera crew shows "the behind the scenes aspect of what keeps B5 station running, and how the bar keeps, store owners, and janitors do all the "real work". I LOVED it! The scene where two janitors are doing maintenance in a hallway...and one guy gets asked what' he's doing: "Oh, uh, moving this thing around on the floor"..."Ok. Why? What does it do?"..."Oh, it...uh...it...ummm...hey, Al? What DOES this thing do anyway? Is it some sort of buffer or vacuum or something?". Got a big laugh out of that! I can imagine a LOT of star trek personnel using items and doing tasks that they know how to do...but have no real clue why or what the thing they are doing, does. "I'm moving this blue light thing around this circuit board. Not sure exactly why. Have no clue what it actually does or how it works. All I know is I have to do it and if the light turns red I have to let my boss know".

A whole movie about that would be...boring. But if you take that general idea...the idea of "what do normal, everyday Star Fleet people do? What do they care for? What are their concerns? What and how does SF react to things that affect ONLY the citizens of some outpost? Do they care? Do the 'norms' get screwed and lied to all the time? Are they taken seriously, or does SF just threaten them with transferring them to some horrible, desolate, or dangerous outpost? (I suspect the latter, as in a couple of trek shows/movies this threat is actually used....and some characters are actually at these sucky places and make it known that it is a 'punishment' for something or other).

Anyway, yeah. Like to see a Tarantino Trek! Definitely one I'd watch and buy. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

...nuclear and antimatter explosions are not conducive to leaving corpses around...
Which wouldn't be very bloody.
Plus, don't Vulcans and Romulans look almost alike?
Exactly, they didn't know that, and if hey had routinely fought Romulans in hand to hand combat (or just shot them at hand phaser ranges), they would have noticed that their enemy looks suspiciously like Vulcans.

MechaPilot

Explorer
In my case, I don't like much swearing or graphic violence (or too much blood) in movies I watch. So that means no Tarantino for me. And I don't mind.

His recent western movies have really overdone the blood. Django and The Hateful Eight had buckets of blood everywhere. I don't know if that's a growing trend for him, or if he just considers that part of the western genre.

Ryujin

Legend
His recent western movies have really overdone the blood. Django and The Hateful Eight had buckets of blood everywhere. I don't know if that's a growing trend for him, or if he just considers that part of the western genre.

He's been pretty consistent. "Reservoir Dogs" had a ton of blood and a torture scene.

MechaPilot

Explorer
He's been pretty consistent. "Reservoir Dogs" had a ton of blood and a torture scene.

Yeah. But, Django and The Hateful Eight had scenes where it literally looked like someone was off-camera and threw an actual bucket of fake blood at an actor, or at a wall.

Ryujin

Legend
Yeah. But, Django and The Hateful Eight had scenes where it literally looked like someone was off-camera and threw an actual bucket of fake blood at an actor, or at a wall.

I didn't remember a scene with "BloodRayne" levels of tomato soup, so it couldn't have been too out of character for him.

Remove ads