Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

MarkB

Legend
Something that occurred to me while re-watching the 2009 Star Trek: During the time period of Strange New Worlds George Kirk is a serving officer. I doubt they could get Chris Hemsworth, but it'd be fun if they managed to work in an appearance for the character, and maybe even the USS Kelvin as well.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Something that occurred to me while re-watching the 2009 Star Trek: During the time period of Strange New Worlds George Kirk is a serving officer. I doubt they could get Chris Hemsworth, but it'd be fun if they managed to work in an appearance for the character, and maybe even the USS Kelvin as well.

Little is clearly canonical about George Kirk, as most of what we do know comes from an alternate timeline. But, in the Kelvin Timeline, he's already a Lieutenant Commander, and first officer of the Kelvin, in 2233. Strange New Worlds takes place in the 2250s. By the time of SNW, if he's still on active duty, George Kirk would be a 20+ year career officer, unlikely to be serving on that same ship.

MarkB

Legend
Little is clearly canonical about George Kirk, as most of what we do know comes from an alternate timeline. But, in the Kelvin Timeline, he's already a Lieutenant Commander, and first officer of the Kelvin, in 2233. Strange New Worlds takes place in the 2250s. By the time of SNW, if he's still on active duty, George Kirk would be a 20+ year career officer, unlikely to be serving on that same ship.
True. Then again, his son wound up captaining the Enterprise for a similar period.

Remove ads