• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So far, the quality on them has been pretty good, so I can hardly fault that decision.

Star Trek is the only reason so far to get Paramount+. But there's a lot of it, and it's really good. Heck, Lower Decks alone was awesome- and that's animated!

...eh, I hear that Evil is good? Haven't watched it yet.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Star Trek is the only reason so far to get Paramount+. But there's a lot of it, and it's really good. Heck, Lower Decks alone was awesome- and that's animated!

There'll be a trick to not flooding the market and over-saturating the viewers. However, with modern short seasons, it is probably a managable trick. I suspect the fanbase will tolerate something like a long average of one show a week for indefinite periods.

Evil is pretty good. Not perfect, but I've enjoyed it.

Mallus

Legend
I keep forgetting to check out Evil.

I give the new series a lot of credit for updating Trek in ways that I didn't expect, especially now that they've settled on a showrunner for Discovery whose two seasons feel pretty coherent. And bringing Jean-Luc back to tell a story about regret, refugees and a Romulan samurai kid was sheer nutty sci-fi genius.

Also, the announcement of a second season of Strange New Worlds made my day.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
A SNW trailer can't be too far off, can it? When have we been getting our first trailers for new shows and seasons in this P+ era?

If you can get on its very weird, horror-comedy wavelength, Evil is seriously, seriously great. It simultaneously takes itself very seriously and not seriously at all. I think some people confuse its tone and approach with SyFy shows like Warehouse 13, but it's doing something much meaner and more subversive.

ETA: Forgot to add that it's a rare show that seems to "get" how internet culture works, and rarely embarrasses itself while digging into that kind of material.

Remove ads