Star Wars 5th edition

famouswolfe

Explorer
Any chance anything new has been made? I realize the last comment was over a year ago but I'm honestly really hoping. I really just need a monster manual at this point. Love your work so far

Hey man, I've had a couple setbacks and other life events happen (see my most recent update). Thanks for posting your interest, it honestly was very refreshing and did motivate me to resume working on my project. I'll see what I can do to get a "monster manual" released soon, however there's still much more that I'll need to complete (such as backgrounds/flaws/bonds, Force Powers, etc). I'm actively working on my project again, expect to see more updates happening soon.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm playing a houserules version of SWSE. Dumped BAB, plugged in 5E numbers lowered DCs, and reduced the size penalty on star fighters. Buffing most of the talents as well.

Im keeping as much as I can, most of the +1 stuff like feats and talents are being buffed to +2. Mostly it's just for less work.

Last edited:

famouswolfe

Explorer
I'm playing a houserules version of SWSE. Dumped BAB, plugged in 5E numbers lowered DCs, and reduced the size penalty on star fighters. Buffing most of the talents as well.

Im keeping as much as I can, most of the +1 stuff like feats and talents are being buffed to +2. Mostly it's just for less work.

I kinda thought of doing that myself for this project. Drop 4e mechanics like BAB, Reflex/Fortitude/Will Defenses etc. and add in the 5e "math" such as Bounded Accuracy (Proficiency Bonus) and re-work all the Talent Trees to be in line with the math of 5e. Reason why I didn't go that route was because there were several criticisms aimed at SWSE, such as the Master-of-all-Trades-Jedi (if you take certain talents, you can replace relevant skill checks w/ Use the Force and if you took Skill Training + Skill Focus + Decent Charisma stat [which any decent Jedi would have all of those things], you had a character that could perform most skills better than other characters and still be able to whoop a$$ in combat) or the Force Power-User (Skill Training Use the Force + Skill Focus meant you had a +10 bonus on UtF checks and basically could open up a can of whoop a$$ by spamming Force powers all day and night). Glad it's working for you though!

Zardnaar

Legend
I kinda thought of doing that myself for this project. Drop 4e mechanics like BAB, Reflex/Fortitude/Will Defenses etc. and add in the 5e "math" such as Bounded Accuracy (Proficiency Bonus) and re-work all the Talent Trees to be in line with the math of 5e. Reason why I didn't go that route was because there were several criticisms aimed at SWSE, such as the Master-of-all-Trades-Jedi (if you take certain talents, you can replace relevant skill checks w/ Use the Force and if you took Skill Training + Skill Focus + Decent Charisma stat [which any decent Jedi would have all of those things], you had a character that could perform most skills better than other characters and still be able to whoop a$$ in combat) or the Force Power-User (Skill Training Use the Force + Skill Focus meant you had a +10 bonus on UtF checks and basically could open up a can of whoop a$$ by spamming Force powers all day and night). Glad it's working for you though!

I use 5E numbers. Skill focus is basically the Rogues expertise ability. In my game skill training and focus is +4 at level 1.

If a Jedi wants to dump a heap of talents into using the force checks to be a skill monkey let them.

famouswolfe

Explorer
I use 5E numbers. Skill focus is basically the Rogues expertise ability. In my game skill training and focus is +4 at level 1.

If a Jedi wants to dump a heap of talents into using the force checks to be a skill monkey let them.

Fair enough. I just noticed that some people complained that Jedi were a bit *too* good at everything as "Jedi skill monkeys" however you seem to be able to make it work with your group. Maybe someday you'll publish what you've created for the rest of us?

Zardnaar

Legend
Fair enough. I just noticed that some people complained that Jedi were a bit *too* good at everything as "Jedi skill monkeys" however you seem to be able to make it work with your group. Maybe someday you'll publish what you've created for the rest of us?

Im mostly winging it off the top of my head and tweaking talents on the fly. I don't think Jedi skill monkey is a problem more the bonuses yoy can pile onto skill checks in SWSW.

Generally my rules are.

5E proficiency numbers.

Skill checks lowered by 5.

Size penalties on ships piloting rolls reduced.

Feats and talents generally changed to 5E equivalents where possible.

Profiency bonus instead of levels to defenses if unarmored.

Prestige class defense bonuses halved.

Most +1 feats and talents changed to +2.

Imperial TIE fighter pilot campaign post Endor lvl 4 atm.

Last edited:

Remove ads