Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance ends with a bang

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
It was a good campaign. I've managed to finish three big arcs now:

* Age of Worms 3.5E (1-20)
* Dawn of Defiance SW Saga (1-20)
* Heroic/Paragon/Epic adventures 4E (1-30)

Most of my current campaigns are more DM generated (although I plunder from published modules constantly), but I'm just starting on the Pathfinder AP "Council of Thieves"... so that's another AP to see if we can finish.

Cheers!

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
So jealous you got to finish this. We have been playing on and off for about the same time. Only up to about 4th adventure :( Our other GMs have a problem commiting to... well. anything really. Our games aren't running at all at moment.

I am will to run (and do), but things gone down hill after 20+ years.

Anyway, I still have a group in Ballarat...and pass through Waubra on the way each time (~ 1/month).

I often think of your games as I pass through ;) Do you play there or in Ballarat? Is it the same group? Have you been together a long time? (I remember you said once you ran Encounters at Good Games - do you still do that too)? Sounds like you get a lot of gaming in and for that I envy you ;)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Most of my games are played in Ballarat.

Friday night we're at my friend's Martin's place in Ballarat, where we alternate weeks between my Greyhawk 4E campaign and his Eberron 4E campaign. (That's the night & place where we did the Dawn of Defiance campaign). We've been playing together there for about 8 years now.

Saturday night I'm at Good Games Ballarat, and I'm currently running my AD&D campaign there every week with whoever wants to play - regularly gets 6+ players, and runs from 6pm to between 10 and 11 pm (I'm normally in Good Games Ballarat from 1pm, playing boardgames in the afternoon).

We've also run our D&D Encounters there on Saturday nights (because Wednesday was a real pain - esp. as Good Games wasn't open on Wednesday night!), but we've somehow missed out on the current season. I'm not 100% sure if it will restart, just because of the love of the players for AD&D. Weird.

Sunday I'm at another friend's place in Ballarat running Pathfinder. (I've been playing with Greg for about 12 years).

Am I having fun? Absolutely!

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Lucky bugger.

So, the Saturday night AD&D is kind of 'open', is that right? Members of our Ballarat group might be interested in that. Not me unfortunately. I am 3 hours away, but getting to Ballarat to run/play a session 1/month :)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Yeah - 'kind of open'. I've run up to 10 people at times in the AD&D - and we have split it more than once with my co-DM. Mind you, this weekend wouldn't be a good weekend to drop by because I'm recovering from a cold and have almost no voice. :/

Cheers!

Remove ads