• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Star Wars] Finally Some KotOR Material!!

shadowlight

First Post
There have been a couple of posts here and in the Software forum about source material for Knights of the Old Republic. If you haven't seen it yet, Wizards has just posted a bunch of new info on the Rakghoul! It's pretty good and includes some incidental information about Taris.

Has anyone found other sources for Old Republic game material?

They really need to put out a Knights of the Old Republic setting book. Has anyone been harping WotC about that? Anybody asked and had a reply?

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
They really need to put out a Knights of the Old Republic setting book. Has anyone been harping WotC about that? Anybody asked and had a reply?
I'll save you the trouble. The only response you'll get is that right now there isn't a product of that nature on our release schedule.

Personally, I think its an excellent idea since this is the most popular Star Wars computer title to be released to date.

Baraendur said:
Personally, I think its an excellent idea since this is the most popular Star Wars computer title to be released to date.

I'm not so sure about that, though it could easily be true. The amount of popularity for both X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, were a lot more vocal back when they were newer...KotOR is a great game, but it isn't the most popular from what I've seen. I think the best thing its done is brought my favorite Star Wars time period, other than the Rebellion Era, into the spotlight.

Hardhead

Explorer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I'm not so sure about that, though it could easily be true. The amount of popularity for both X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, were a lot more vocal back when they were newer...KotOR is a great game, but it isn't the most popular from what I've seen. I think the best thing its done is brought my favorite Star Wars time period, other than the Rebellion Era, into the spotlight.

I don't have the numbers or anything, KOTOR was a console game, which sell many times better than computer games (which X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and Dark Forces 2 were). KOTOR sold 250,000 copies in the first four days of release - an Xbox record. I'd bet dollars to donuts that KOTOR is the most sucessful SW game to date.

MangahunterD

First Post
Kotor

I am not sure but I think I remember reading that it is the number 2 or 3 best selling game of all time. If you haven't played it is is awesome and the storyline is bettler than the last two movies that Lucas has put out.

Faraer

Explorer
We know that an Old Republic Era Sourcebook (25,000-1,000 BBY) is at least under consideration, just as a New Republic Era Sourcebook (5-25 ABY) is, and the Rise of the Empire Era Sourcebook (1,000-0 BBY, and surely the priority) is almost certainly in the works.

Last edited:

Faraer

Explorer
At the SWRPG seminar at Gen Con, as reported by www.swrpgnetwork.com, it was mentioned as having been talked about (as all the remaining era sourcebooks have).

Though I don't much enjoy the Tales of the Jedi version of the Republic myself, it's irksome that WotC failed to capitalize on the release of Knights of the Old Republic OR Star Wars Galaxies.

Remove ads