Star Wars - Interlude IV: The Detritus of Destiny (CLOSED)

gribble

Explorer
Apologies all - as I said via PM to FF, I'm been laid up pretty sick for the last week, and I'm only just getting back on my feet now. This game is one of many things I need to catch up on... and apparently it'll be another week or two until I'm fully back at 100%.

Also, I'm worried that with EotE core only, Elsa and Arsinoe might end up too similar (mechanically at least), both being human Politicos... so I'm re-considering my options and taking a look at characters which might fit in a bit better. I'm aiming to get something written up by the end of the week, but as I said to FF if you guys would rather dump me or get started without me in the meantime, I'll understand.

Forged Fury

First Post
Thanks for the update Gribble. Not to worry, we may get started with your character elsewhere and then pick up from there. Hope you feel better soon.

I think the only thing outstanding is for folks to clarify their Obligation. It looks like perrinmiller has already done so for Mack, if you want to see an example.
[MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] - Obligation is an interesting aspect of Edge of the Empire. It basically represents a plot hook that the player creates for their character. At the beginning of a session, the GM can roll to determine if the obligation intrudes on the adventure. It results in a small mechanical effect, but can create some interesting RP events. Given your character background, I might suggest you take Obligation: Family at 20 points.

gribble

Explorer
Ladies & gents, I present:

Name: LE-G8R-VO
Species: Droid (LE-VO series)
Career: Bounty Hunter (Gadgeteer)
Wound Threshold: 15
Strain Threshold: 13
Defense: 1/1
Soak: 5

Obligation
Servitude (10):
Owned by Rumko.
Pacifist (10): Behavioural inhibitors.

Motivation
Relationship (Mentor):
Rumko is LE-G8R-VO's master, and he does whatever Rumko orders him to.

Characteristics
Brawn:
Agility: 2
Intellect: 2
Cunning: 1
Willpower: 3
Presence: 1

Skills
Athletics:
Coercion: 1
Mechanics: 1
Perception: 2
Streetwise: 1
Vigilance: 1

Brawl: 2
Ranged (Heavy): 2

Talents
Toughened (5):
+2 Wound Threshold
Intimidating (5): Suffer 1 Strain to downgrade difficulty of Coercion checks, or upgrade difficulty when targeted by Coercion checks
Defensive Stance (5): Suffer 1 Strain to upgrade difficulty of all incoming melee attacks

Equipment (Encumbrance: 11/12)
Blaster Rifle
- Telescopic Optical Sight attachment
- Weapon Sling attachment
Ion Blaster
Brass Knuckles (built-in)
Stun Grenade (2)
Armored Clothing (built-in)
Comlink (built-in)
Backpack (built-in storage compartments)
Extra Reload (2)
Emergency Repair Patch (4)
Restraining Bolt
Binders (2)
Credits: 15 + [roll0]

An older model of LE-VO law enforcement druid which someone has hastily repainted in an ochre paint scheme. They have also added a red mouth filled with jagged white teeth to his domed head. It has clearly seen a lot of action, as the paint has been scratched, chipped and carbon scored in a number of places.
It vocabulates in a highly modulated gender-neutral voice, reminiscent of a slightly less harsh dalek, and has an unfortunate habit of calling wookiees "fuzzballs" (when being polite)...

[sblock="Background:"]LE-G8R-VO was constructed as one of the first batch of production LE-VO droids. Sold and stationed on one of the numberless outer rim worlds, its initial service was short lived after the extreme behavioural inhibitors against violence in the earliest models resulted in a number of programming conflicts and unfortunate incidents. Though most of the initial batch were scrapped, a few were deactivated and sold - LE-G8R-VO being one of these lucky few.

When LE-G8R-VO was next reactivated, it found itself facing an ochre skinned Trandoshan, who it instinctively knew was its new master Aash'rak. "What do we have here?", Aash'rak hissed in Trandoshan, more to himself than to the droid. When it replied, "LE-G8R-VO, law enforcement droid, ready to receive orders", as proscribed by its programming, Aash'rak seemed to think for a minute before breaking into a broad toothy grin and saying with an odd rasping hiss - which LE-G8R-VO would come to learn was a laugh - "Yesss, that will do perfectly!"

After a hasty paint job - to make it look more 'Doshan as Aash'rak explained - LE-G8R-VO spent the next few years travelling the galaxy assisting Aash'rak to hunt down and bring in bounties. Although Aash'rak initially saw LE-G8R-VO's inhibitors against violence as a setback, he eventually came to appreciate that the number of targets brought in alive saw a dramatic increase, resulting in a commensurate increase in payment. It surprised LE-G8R-VO how much overlap there was between his original law enforcement purpose and his new life hunting down bounties, and it seemed a natural at the job.

All good things eventually come to an end. Aash'rak accepted a bounty on a human by the name of "Mack Granger", some sort of terrorist troublemaker. Although LE-G8R-VO was never privy to the details of the bounty, which were always handled by Aash'rak, it took particular pride in the fact that this bounty would be making the galaxy a safer place for citizens. Mack unfortunately proved to be more than a match for Aash'rak and LE-G8R-VO.

When LE-G8R-VO was next reactivated, it found itself facing both Mack and an Aqualish, who it instinctively recognised as its new master Rumko Wun. After a bit of questioning by Mack and Rumko about the bounty on Mack - something it knew very little about - it was ordered by it's new master to provide labour, some mechanical expertise and general security for Rumko's ship named the "Secondhand Sarlacc". The ship came with a furball aboard - presumably also owned by Rumko - to fly and maintain it. More recently Mack, the furball and it were joined by a young human female. LV-G8R-VO does not see what value she adds to the crew, as it seems she cannot shoot, pilot, fix or lift anything. It supposes time will tell, as its new master must have a reason for wanting her aboard...[/sblock]

gribble

Explorer
And a picture: LE-VO_law_enforcement_droid.jpg

Remove ads