Star Wars - Interlude IV: The Detritus of Destiny (CLOSED)

Forged Fury

First Post
What are you trying to achieve? There wasn't really a mention of anything that sounded like anything other than an average Presence in the description of your character concept.

Leif

Adventurer
The only real difference once you max a skill will be two yellows or three, which isn't huge at those levels of dice. And if you want, you can always dump your Dedication talent into either one.

Plus there's the house rule.

Again, I have no idea what 'yellows' or the house rule is. I've got to find a download of the rules and then I should be able to make some sense of the house rule.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Check Fantasy Flight Games website. Products page. Edge of the Empire. I think it's under support, there is an intro adventure called Under a Black Sun. The first 10 pages are a good primer for how the game works.

Leif

Adventurer
The only real difference once you max a skill will be two yellows or three, which isn't huge at those levels of dice. And if you want, you can always dump your Dedication talent into either one.

Plus there's the house rule.

What are you trying to achieve? There wasn't really a mention of anything that sounded like anything other than an average Presence in the description of your character concept.
1. I don't know what 'yellows' are.

2. I don't know what the house rules are, but I'm beginning to suspet that they might allow us to use some "bonus dice" to affect outcomes of other rolls?

3. I was hoping to be able to give a wookie roar and send little bots and small creatures fleeing like the wind. Actually with a high presence, hopefully, I could send not-so-small creatures scurrying. *sigh* It's ok, I can deal.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
1. I don't know what 'yellows' are.
Yellows are favorable D12s, called Proficiency Dice; they're the best dice you can roll.

2. I don't know what the house rules are, but I'm beginning to suspet that they might allow us to use some "bonus dice" to affect outcomes of other rolls?
RAW, you can only increase your Characteristics (Brawn, Intellect, Presence, etc) through a Talent deep in a skill tree or expensive cybernetics. What that means is you usually don't get access to it until you're pretty deep in the game. I added a house rule that a character can improve a Characteristic using the CharGen method of spending XP after they have invested 100 XP in character advancement not involving increasing Characteristics. For instance, your Wookie has spent 35 XP outside of Characteristics during CharGen. Once he spends another 65 XP during the course of the game, he can save up XP to increase one of his Characteristics rather than having to dig into a skill tree to get a specific Talent.

3. I was hoping to be able to give a wookie roar and send little bots and small creatures fleeing like the wind. Actually with a high presence, hopefully, I could send not-so-small creatures scurrying. *sigh* It's ok, I can deal.
That actually would involve the Coercion skill tied to Willpower, which is oddly a wookie's low Characteristic. With that said, if you mainly just want to do stuff like that for flavor, I don't have a problem with it. It totally goes along with what we see of Wookies, or at least of Chewbacca.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Character sheets look good. If you haven't already done so, please take a second and post your character as a post in this thread, rather than a link. You can use whatever format you desire, but I'd like to have sheets readily accessible through EnWorld. Once everyone has weighed in, we can get an OOC thread started and I'll ask you to post them there.

One thing I forgot was to roll starting credits for Krallaten. [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], go ahead and roll 1d100 for your starting credits. Big money, no whammies.

Remove ads