Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for PC.

Hecateus

First Post
That is interesting. It does seem that you are relying on special weapons in this regard though. Generally, how does a normal blaster rifle fare in the hands of a scout vs an opponent wielding a normal vibrosword? My experience is that the vibrosword is always the better. I will try again.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Hecateus said:
That is interesting. It does seem that you are relying on special weapons in this regard though. Generally, how does a normal blaster rifle fare in the hands of a scout vs an opponent wielding a normal vibrosword? My experience is that the vibrosword is always the better. I will try again.
Well their not really that special considering that both rifles can be purchased quite early in the game, but yes, they are the best rifles in the game (the price is high as well, but if you play the first planet economically, you can get Jurgan's gun right away). Though the mandalorian assault rifle is a good alternative.

Of course, if you play as guardian and use the best swords you become quite the killing machine, and force jump does give hella speed.

Anyway my point was just that the guns aren't as bad as some say. And it's a good enough game to play through several different ways (on my 8th run now, playing as a consular with no weapons at all, Edit: well except for grenades). ;)

Last edited:

Shard O'Glase

First Post
My prefered build was socundrel/couselur. Yeah low HP/BAB so my saber fighting was a bit sub par, but since I stopped leveling at level 6 socundrel I had lots of force pwoersa dn points though the force points is bugged a bit so I got less than I should. I assume the PC verison fixed this. And with my sneak attack(fairly meagr 3d6) when I connected the damage was brutal especially 2 weapon, rapid strike mode. And after a insanity was layed down I connected a lot.

I basicaly relied upon force powers and finsihed fights off with sabers. Insanity costs like 5 points, force wave is expensive but bad assed. Heck with my low bab I couldn't connect with my sabers in the end fight and he never failed a save so I couldn't paralyze him, I just bitch slapped him with force wave after force wave. Kill would of been smarter I think since the damage is comparable and it costs much less, but I still won it this way.

My only bias was against droids, I didn't serve there kind here. Basically my problem was force heal doens't fix them so I needed repair kits. Everyone else I could force heal to max and then chill while my force points came back. The astromech was great for computer manipulation 1 spike needed for like everything, but useless otherwise.

But heck gun guys dished out some massive damage for me two weapon pistols for first guy, heavy weapon maddness on the mandalorian(I think he was a bit weaker), and singe sith pistol on the socundrel babe.

Basically it was do I want more damage in my team or force powers with close to as much damage.

Remove ads