• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars - Rebellion

maddmic

Explorer
OOC:
Thanks dpdx

IC:
Izon nods. "I was thinking about actually hijacking something to get us off this planet as well. My worry is that whatever destroyed our liner is still in orbit up there. Something big has to be sending down all of these troops. As for taking a shuttle and using it on the surface, it may be a bit too obvious. All they'll have to do is blast us out of the sky and be done with us. But if it's just a diversion, then they may THINK that they've gotten rid of us, when in fact all they've done is blast an empty shuttle away."

dpdx

Explorer
Ryn, ever quiet but still skeptical, pursues the argument: "Okay, don't take this the wrong way, but there's about fifty holes in that plan. I'll go over the big ones. First, couldn't they just scan the shuttle to figure out there aren't life forms aboard? I'd much rather steal something with shields we could put up, while we're at it. Besides, don't we have to be able to hack into a ship first to get any control over it, and won't they see us if we do? Finally, what's going to happen to our patient here while we go traipsing off to go joyriding?

Anyway, I'm not just arguing to argue. We might as well formulate something, and the later we wait, the less likely our potential resistance
" he points toward the base, "is going to be at their most vigilant."

After a pause, he points to Andre: "Maybe we can get some more of these..."

Calim

First Post
"I am hoping that in the middle of the night and wearing this armor I can slice in with little resistance. And if we are going to hijack anything my vote is for the biggest thing here and if there any crew I will try and lock them away from us and vital shipa areas." Andre still looking into his binocs.

maddmic

Explorer
Izon listens to Ryn and Andre. "I understand what you're saying. What I'm trying to say is that no matter how big the ship down here, there's a bigger dog in orbit. I'm guessing that by the sheer numbers on the surface now, we're talking about at least one star destroyer. If you all are hell bent on getting off this rock and using this base as a means to do so, then probably the best idea would be to hijak an already scheduled flight out of here. Then we make some flight plan adjustments and hopefully make a jump out of the system. That's IF they're not blocking jumps out of this system."

Calim

First Post
Toric_Arthendain said:
OOC: Since the plan is still being discussed, I'll hold off on posting to give you all more time to figure things out.

ooc I am waiting to find out what is here and so on so I can add my 2 cents to this plan of thiers.

Andre's look at the camp through the binocs tells him a little bit about the size of the force. About a dozen prefab buildings are arranged in a circular pattern around a large clearing. In the clearing, three Imperial shuttles are parked side by side. No other vessels are in the area. The prefab buildings are mostly shelters for troops but one smaller building is most likely a command and control station for the base. Another is most definitely an equipment storage building. Various Stormtroopers and other personnel can be seen moving about the camp. From the size of the camp, Andre estimates that there could be anywhere from 50 to 60 people housed there.

As the group looks down at the camp and discusses a course of action, another shuttle roars across the horizon coming from the east. The noise of the thrusters firing as the shuttle lands is loud and must be nearly deafening in the camp. It lands next to the other three shuttles, cuts it's engines and moments later, a squad of Stormtroopers exit the shuttle, obviously coming back from a patrol somewhere on the planet.

dpdx

Explorer
[And where are we in relation to this base, geographically? My mental picture is west, about 200m away, but I'd be happy to get the right answer.]

Ryn nods appreciatively: Izon had a point.

"Okay, well, it looks like shuttle is all there is, and you're right about trying to make it off planet. Something vaporized the Celestial, and I don't want to run into it yet until I can pop a heavy laser into its engine room. It's a shame we don't have any grenades - if we disabled all but one shuttle, and then took that one, they'd have a tough time chasing us before we found safe haven. Say, Andre, can you see any weaps on those shuttles? I'd love to shoot these bastards up for what they did to our people."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads