• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Republic and Empire (OOC thread)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Ever been pepper sprayed? Try stuff called Red Sabre........ holy crap it's hot. Anyways, is my background for my jedi ok? I will fix it when I can see properly again. Thanks!

possum

First Post
Rosa Merridon, female Human Noble 3/Scoundrel 2

The daughter of a Jedi that survived Order 66 and an ordinary woman, Rosa has lived her life in defiance of the Empire. Despite the death of the Emperor and Darth Vader when she was only eight, the rebellion still continued to struggle, bringing her and her brother into service where--if things had been different--they wouldn't have.

Fourteen years after the battle of Yavin, Rosa began her service, helping coordinate small missions for the New Republic, but doing some intelligence work for them as well. In the decade that has followed that, she has made little real progress up the structural ladder, and constantly thrives to prove herself as just as accomplished as her father and brother were.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Im awfully late. Is there any possibility i could get to play or do you already got your 5-6? characters?

Code:
Shayuri - introspective Jedi/possibly 'force pilot'
ShaggySpellsword - veteran NCO type/pilot
Friadoc - 'contractor'/pilot
Blackrat - lightsaber expert/gunner
[s]Nac Mac Feegle - marine/gunner[/s]
OnlytheStrong - conflicted Jedi/tactician?

This list accurate?

Im going to toss in a small concept anyways and wait for your reply :)
Its a lvl 1 draft of a lvl 5 scout.

Name: Yurok
Specie: Kel dor
Class: Sscout
Level: 1

Code:
Strength 	14	(+2)
Dexterity 	16	(+3)
Constitution 	12	(+1)
Intelligence 	14	(+2)
Wisdom 	        14	(+2)
Charisma     	10	(+0)

Total Vitality Points: 9
Total Wound Points: 12

Speed: 10 meters / round

Defense: 15 = 10 + 2 [base] +3 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 15
      Flat-footed: 12

Initiative modifier:	+3	= +3 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:	+2	= 1 [base] +1 [constitution]
Reflex save:	+4	= 1 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Will save:	+3	= 1 [base] +2 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):	+2	= 0 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (unarmed):	+2	= 0 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (missile):	+3	= 0 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Grapple check:	+2	= 0 [base] +2 [strength]

*Stun_Baton [weight 1d8 kg, stun fort DC 15, bludgeoning, medium, simple]
*Blaster_Pistol [damage 3d6, critical 20, range increment 10 meters, 
weight 1 kg, stun fort DC 15, energy, multifire, small, blaster pistol]
*Blaster_Rifle [damage 3d6, critical 19-20, range increment 30 meters, 
weight 4.5 kg, stun fort DC 18, energy, multifire, medium, blaster rifle]

Feats:

Starship_Operation x1	
      Blaster_pistols	
      Blaster_Rifles	
      Simple_Weapons	
      Point_Blank_Shot

Background: Adventurer, at least in heart, since the day he traveled with his uncle to a nearby star system to buy little sister toys for her birthday.
Tried to join the Republic armed forces at young age, but was rejected because he still was a child. He had not the nerve to come back to his family disappointing them so he told them that he was accepted and was to leave the planet the same day. He lived from had to mouth a couple of years, being the cleaning boy at a industrial star ship. At more mature age he took to travel working his way from ship to ship as security agent or helping at the engines, ship guns, helping/learning from the Captain or whatever could be done at a starship.

In combat: ship guns/ ranged weapon attacks, not the hero type.
Out of Combat: Socializing with the crew, telling stories and gathering information of the people around him.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Darses Arkano, Human male Jedi 5

It looks like you really put a lot of effort into this character, and I hope there's a game out there for him, but this one isn't it. I just can't see the Republic Navy letting someone delibrately take a child on a warship engaged in active military operations.

drothgery

First Post
Im awfully late. Is there any possibility i could get to play or do you already got your 5-6? characters?

I think there are more than 4-6 good ideas here already, but I'm not going to make a final decision until this weekend. So it's still okay to toss out an idea. Though at least on the mechanics side, you'll need to revise things a bit, because this game is Saga rules (released in 2007), not revised core rules(released in 2003), and characters start at 5th level. Just one nitpick, though.

Tried to join the Republic armed forces at young age, but was rejected because he still was a child. He had not the nerve to come back to his family disappointing them so he told them that he was accepted and was to leave the planet the same day.

Unless he's from a world that only very recently joined the Republic, he would have known the age restrictions in the Republic Navy. The Republic's been at war for a long time, and the Navy has been growing rapidly for that entire period, and there's not a rock they won't dig under to find potential quality officers and enlisted personnel. Right now about every other year they add a new fleet -- each with more capial ships and more starfighers than the entire Rebel Navy had before the Republic was proclaimed -- to the Republic's order of battle.

Last edited:

Drowned Hero

First Post
I think there are more than 4-6 good ideas here already, but I'm not going to make a final decision until this weekend. So it's still okay to toss out an idea. Though at least on the mechanics side, you'll need to revise things a bit, because this game is Saga rules (released in 2007), not revised core rules(released in 2003), and characters start at 5th level.

Oh. i didnt see the saga part. Should not be a problem. What do you think of the character? Any recommendations?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah, having taken a look of the options I'll go with Cathar. If it's okay for you drothgery, I'd like to drop the Cathar language from his known languages though. Due to his background, there is no logical way for him to know but few basic words like "Mother", "Yes" & "No" etc, since he has been isolated from other Cathar since early childhood.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Name: Varin Talon
Specie: Human
Class: Jedi
Level: 5
[sblock]
Code:
Strength 	10	(+0)
Dexterity 	10	(+0)
Constitution 	10	(+0)
Intelligence 	18	(+4)
Wisdom 	        14	(+2)
Charisma     	14	(+2)

Hit Points: 49
Damage Threshold: 17

Speed: 6

Initiative: 0
Force Points: 7

Fortitude save:	+16	=10 +  5 [level] + 1 [base] +0 [constitution]
Reflex save:	+16	=10 + 5 [level] + 1 [base] +0 [dexterity]
Will save:	+18	=10 +  5 [level] + 1 [base] +2 [wisdom]

Talents: [list]
[*]Adept Negotiator
[*]Force Perception
[*]Visions
[/list]

Feats: [list]
[*]Force Sensitivity
[*]Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons)
[*]Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers)
[*]Force Training
[*]Skill Focus (Use the Force) 
[*]Force Training
[/list]
Force Powers:[list]
[*]Farseeing 
[*]Force Slam 
[*]Mind Trick 
[*]Vital Transfer 
[/list]
Skills:[list]
[*]Knowledge (galactic lore)  +11  = 2 level + 4 int mod + 5 trained
[*]Knowledge (tactics)  +11 =2 level + 4 int mod + 5 trained
[*]Knowledge (social sciences) +11=2 level + 4 int mod + 5 trained
[*]Pilot   +7  = 2 level + 0 dex mod + 5 trained
[*]Use the Force  + 14  = 2 level + 2 cha + 5 trained + 5 skill focus
[/list]
[/sblock]

HP: Hp (1d10+1=6, 1d10+1=11, 1d10+1=4, 1d10+1=2)

Since Nightbreeze and I have the same basic concept........ I may change mine. I liked the idea of playing a Jedi Consular, but I will think about what to change to

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
OTS. Don't roll stats. Use PB.
From the first post:

- characters are 5th level Star Wars Saga characters, built with a 30 point buy + stat bonuses from 4th level, no droid PCs

Remove ads