• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Republic and Empire (OOC thread)

Shayuri

First Post
I could perhaps be a more intellectual sort...sort of a scouty survivally "action archaeologist" Jedi, who focuses on relic hunting...

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well, I could possibly still switch positions. Engineering will be harder for me to do but I think I could manage. I'll write a more detailed background/concept in a few hours.

Blackrat

About the Jedi "ranking". Is it possible to be, although we are only lvl 5, recogniced as a Knight already, instead just a learner? I think your earlier post hinted to that but was not sure. I think that my character could have been given the rank of Knight becouse of his extencive training (and because he is persona non grata in the Academy), eventhough he is considered a "heretic".

Anyways, the background:
[sblock]There were survivors of the Purge. Jedi were a cunning breed behind all their serenity and Savin Brock was a survivor. In the decades after the Purge she hid among the scum of Nal Hutta's darkest deeps, hidden from the Empire, and isolated from even the most worldshaking news. Why she took the young child under her wings was a mystery for even her. Maybe she had grown lonely and longed for the days of the Jedi order. Maybe she felt that it was her duty to keep the teachings of the Jedi alive. She was growing old afterall, and as far as she knew, she was the last of the Order. Maybe others had hidden as she had, but she could not be sure. And so, as she found the orphaned child, crying on his mother's body, she felt the need for a padawan.

It wasn't easy growing on the capital of Hutt Space. But somehow Savin managed to keep the child from showing off his prowess while getting into the inevitable fights. It was perhaps a blessing that the boy wasn't very strong in the Force for he could have wrought havok growing up.

But as time flowed past the boy grew on the teachings of the old woman. He took the tenants of the Order as his own, and though he became a fiersome storm with the blade, he never raised it in anger.

Then Savin passed on. She died peacefully knowing that the ways of the Jedi lived on.

The boy felt a need to get out of Nal Hutta. The tales Savin told of ages past drove him to see the universe himself and he was surpriced to find a Galaxy where the Jedi Order was growing again. He sought out the center of this New Order and presented himself to the Masters. They greeted him with mixed feelings. On one hand he was a Jedi, one with knowledge that was thought to be forever lost, on the other hand, he followed a code that was in many ways different to the New Order, in some ways even very drastically. They didn't want him on the Academy, but they could not either dismiss him altogether. So he was asked to join the Republic Military, to serve with Jedi who could teach him the proper ways without risking the initiates to his misguided "herecy".[/sblock]

I haven't decided on race yet so he still remains unnamed (though I'm thinking about using a nickname that represents his fast reflexes and ferocious fighting style. Maybe "Acklay" :D. A nickname given by his master since she did not know his real name.). It is possible that I end up playing human for it being an easy choice, but I am thinking about other choices still.

As for the consept. As can be read from the background, he is technically one of the Old Order, having been taught in isolation and not even knowing of the New Order until leaving his secluded haven. He knows much about the Jedi lore that has been lost from the others. And especially he knows the basics of the old Lightsaber combat forms, which is one of the reasons why he is even tolerated. The masters hope that once they can hew the "herecy" out of him, he can become a valuable asset.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
About the Jedi "ranking". Is it possible to be, although we are only lvl 5, recogniced as a Knight already, instead just a learner? I think your earlier post hinted to that but was not sure. I think that my character could have been given the rank of Knight becouse of his extencive training (and because he is persona non grata in the Academy), eventhough he is considered a "heretic".

Generally, Jedi of Leia's order claim the rank of Knight after graduating from the Academy (usually at level 4-5). People who joined the order after training in other traditions were often granted the rank after a period of study with the Order and evaluation by the Masters.

As for the consept. As can be read from the background, he is technically one of the Old Order, having been taught in isolation and not even knowing of the New Order until leaving his secluded haven. He knows much about the Jedi lore that has been lost from the others. And especially he knows the basics of the old Lightsaber combat forms, which is one of the reasons why he is even tolerated. The masters hope that once they can hew the "herecy" out of him, he can become a valuable asset.

It's probably worth mentioning here that the Lightsaber Master at the New Jedi Order Academy is actually a Jensaarai Defender by birth and training, and most of the senior masters (almost anyone much over 30, in fact) were either largely self-taught, taught under non-Jedi traditions, or taught fragmentary parts of the Jedi tradition from survivors of the Purge (no fully trained pre-Purge Jedi survived by the time Leia established her Academy).

It's also worth noting that the New Jedi Order doesn't assign anyone anywhere (other than students at the Academy). They may make requests (and if Padme Solo suggests the consequences of not doing X are dire, it's usually a good idea to do X; she's almost always right about things like that), but that's it.

drothgery

First Post
I could perhaps be a more intellectual sort...sort of a scouty survivally "action archaeologist" Jedi, who focuses on relic hunting...

If we don't have all the shipboard combat stations filled, we don't have them all filled. I was just mentioning the missing spots to see if it gave anyone ideas.

drothgery

First Post
I mean, some of the better officers in the Rebellion, now Republic, were from Corellia. :D

Yeah. Despite Corellia not actually being a member of the Republic (they are an ally; there are a not insignificant number of independent worlds in similar situations -- they have trade and defense agreements with the Republic, but are not actually members), there are a not insignificant number of Correllians in the Republic Navy, even decades after the Rebel Alliance turned into the Republic and the Rebel Fleet evolved into the highly professional Republic Navy there is today.

Blackrat

It's probably worth mentioning here that the Lightsaber Master at the New Jedi Order Academy is actually a Jensaarai Defender by birth and training, and most of the senior masters (almost anyone much over 30, in fact) were either largely self-taught, taught under non-Jedi traditions, or taught fragmentary parts of the Jedi tradition from survivors of the Purge (no fully trained pre-Purge Jedi survived by the time Leia established her Academy).
Yeah, I didn't mean that they'd plan for him to become a battlemaster but as he is trained in the basics of old forms, he could teach a trick here and there. It was just presented as a prelude for him to "self-learn" some of the actual forms once gained enough levels.

It's also worth noting that the New Jedi Order doesn't assign anyone anywhere (other than students at the Academy). They may make requests (and if Padme Solo suggests the consequences of not doing X are dire, it's usually a good idea to do X; she's almost always right about things like that), but that's it.
Well, they might have "asked" him to join a group of Jedi who are taught the "new" Code, in hopes of roughing the edges off of him ;). Considering the old Code is more rigid, he might seem like very very uptight guy :D

But anyways, you didn't give any comment to the background itself.

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
I am extremely interested, but there are already many applicants and many Jedi's, so I will just apply for the alts list.

The idea was of a 24-ish years old Jedi, taught by one of the survivors of the purge. A young "hotshot", in the sense that his mastery in the power is exceptional (focused skill, taken the feat that gives you additional powers known several times). His control of the lightsaber less so, but if he continues on his path, he may arrive to a point where he no longer needs to use his lightsaber in combat. In fact, he is interested only in the mastery of the force, as lighsaber combat is "basic". Learning the mysteries of the legendary force users of the past...well, that's something entirely different. Great users of the force in the past would be his heroes, if the archives bear any mention of them (bodo baas, for example, but most of all Fay) Generally not very adherent to the hierarchy, but firm and loyal supporter of Padme Solo, as he thinks that she has the stuff of a legendary leader.

Last edited:

Remove ads