• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars RPG v3.5 using online tools

mysticknight232

First Post
I'm typically a DnD 4e gamer, but have recently dusted off my SW Revised Core Rulebook (v3.5) and was thinking about running a game with friends online. With so many online virtual tables catering to the DnD crowd, I was wondering if anybody else on the forums was a SW gamer and if so, if they used any online VTTs for the SW RPG. Any suggestions would be helpful. For example, I was looking at d20 pro, which looks awesome and quite inexpensive, but I wasn't sure if it supported space fantasy as well as it looked like it supported DnD fantasy.

Likewise, I am also looking for an adventure management tool for SW. I'm sure there's some good generic ones out there, so more help in this area would be useful as well.

Cost is a concern, but I'd be willing to try something out if it's not too expensive. More than $100 is way too much.

Thanks all for the help.

mysticknight232

First Post
Can I just say this: Star Wars Saga is so much better than the revised version. It takes the best of 4e and 3.5.

I play 4e so I love the upgrades from 4e over 3.5...however I have all the revised books and supplements and didn't want to repurchase everything for Saga edition so I was trying to stick with what I currently have.

Edit: What's different about the Saga edition that makes it so much better?

Last edited:

I play 4e so I love the upgrades from 4e over 3.5...however I have all the revised books and supplements and didn't want to repurchase everything for Saga edition so I was trying to stick with what I currently have.

Edit: What's different about the Saga edition that makes it so much better?

Shortened skill least, skill system much closer to 4e, no "dead" levels for all classes, better class balance, completely rebalanced force use, better starship system, etc

At the same time, if RCR is what makes you happy, there's no need to go pay inflated prices for SWSE books. (Though if you search around ebay and the miniature market websites you can find some good prices)

mysticknight232

First Post
This is a good point concerning RCR vs. SE. Since SE is OOP, some of those books have become quite expensive on the secondary market.

-Skeld

Yeah, this was part of my problem. I wanted to convert...but amazon has saga edition rules books for ~$90...the updated star ship book for $80. Ebay is all over the place, but it would be nice to convert to saga edition rules.

Can you guys point me to any mini/book sellers that are reasonably priced?

mysticknight232

First Post
Also...does anybody know if any of the SW RPG supplements are available in PDF format on any sites? I know wizards used to sell PDFs of stuff a while ago, but wasn't sure if SW RPG stuff was included in that. Thanks!

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Yeah, this was part of my problem. I wanted to convert...but amazon has saga edition rules books for ~$90...the updated star ship book for $80. Ebay is all over the place, but it would be nice to convert to saga edition rules.

Can you guys point me to any mini/book sellers that are reasonably priced?

Here ya go! And the dollar is down your way, so they're a bit cheaper.

Remove ads