• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Saga RPG: Square Book? WTF

Henry

Autoexreginated
GoodKingJayIII said:
Back in my day, we had three: the Victory, Imperial, and Super, and we liked it. :)

In MY day, we had two types: Regular, and Super-Sized. And there was no such thing as some stupid YT-blahblah, there was the Millenium Falcon, the Flying Hamburger Ship. :D

...and HAN SHOT FIRST, DAMMIT!

Pagan Priest said:
I mean seriously, how can I run a game with out Miraluka , Lepi or Kushiban racial stats?

In their defense, NO core rules version of the game has included those races. Later on, I imagine they'll come out assuming the game maintains popularity, but from what I see, there's really nothing wrong with using the existing stats from the previous version for them, and just converting the sticky parts along the reasoning of the core game's mechanics. In fact, I believe someone over on the WotC forums has started doing exactly that with all the races.

Armistice

First Post
Pagan priest said:
Which of course means that if they had made it proper size, they could have packed more goodness inside. In fact, if each page has the same information densidty that the RCR had, then going with a full size bok would have made it the equivelent of a book with 313.04 pages. That 25+ pages would have allowed the inclusion of several more races, several more starships, and most importantly, rules for getting from point "A" to point "B" in the galaxy.

I mean seriously, how can I run a game with out Miraluka , Lepi or Kushiban racial stats?

The link below may interest you. Some incredibly dedicated fans have converted what amounts to 98% of the RCR Ultimate Alien Anthology to the Saga ruleset:

Saga Edition UAA

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
Hyperspace travel times has always been a function of the story in the movies, with ships moving at the speed of plot, so the grossly simplified version in the SECR suits my GM needs just fine.

I distinctly remember jumping up and down on loopholes in the RCR's hyperspace time calculations; I *think* this involved multiple smaller jumps taking less time in total than one long jump. Not that it helped us meaningfully, but I did it because I could, and the DM thought it was amusing.

Fortunately, they've already put the new Starships of the Galaxy on the schedule, which makes me and many others deliriously happy in a way that I don't think I need to explain. (And if there's not a reasonably robust starship design system, I'll be heartbroken)

Brad

Henry

Autoexreginated
cignus_pfaccari said:
I distinctly remember jumping up and down on loopholes in the RCR's hyperspace time calculations; I *think* this involved multiple smaller jumps taking less time in total than one long jump. Not that it helped us meaningfully, but I did it because I could, and the DM thought it was amusing.

Two thoughts on it:

1) If Hyperspace has mass shadows and all those other pitfalls they talk about, the shortest distance between two points in Hyperspace WASN'T a straight line sometimes. It's like taking the straight path to your job and being stopped by a train every single day, to taking several detours that avoids the train tracks entirely. If it weren't for the obstacles, it would be shorter.

2) What some people used to forget is that previous versions of the rules (don't know if RCR repeated them or not!) said that the times given weren't set in stone, and the Gm was free to alter them because of hidden obstacles, Interdictor ships, etc.

EditorBFG

Explorer
Pagan priest said:
I mean seriously, how can I run a game with out Miraluka, Lepi or Kushiban racial stats?
I don't believe I have ever seen any of these races played in all the years i played WEG and d20 Star Wars. Nevertheless:

http://sagaconversions.mattylee.com/alien.php said:
Miraluka
Ability Modifiers: No change.
Medium-size: No change.
Speed: Miraluka base speed is 6 squares .
Force Sight: No change.
Intuitive Initiative: As the Cerean trait (SECR page 24).
Bonus Feat: Miraluka gain Force Sensative as a bonus feat.
Conditional Bonus Feat: A Miraluka who takes his or hir first level in Jedi gains the bonus Feat Strong in the Force.
Automatic Languages: Miraluka.

Lepi
Medium-size: No change.
Speed: Lepi base speed is 6 squares .
Natural Weapons: No change.
Expert Jumper: A Lepi may choose to reroll any Jump checks, keeping the better result.
Conditional Bonus Feat: A Lepi with Perception as a trained skill gains Skill Focus (Perception) as a bonus feat.
Automatic Languages: Lepi.

Kushiban
Tiny-size: As Tiny creatures, Kushiban gain a +2 size bonus to their Reflex Defense and a +10 size bonus on Stealth checks. However, their lifting and carrying limits are one half those of Medium characters.
Speed: Kushiban base speed is 4 squares or 6 squares when walking on all fours.
Mood Fur: Kushiban suffer a -5 penalty to Deception against any creature familiar with Kushibans.
Intuitive Initiative: As the Cerean trait (SECR page 24).
Nimble: A Kushiban may use his Acrobatic check modifier insead of his Jump modifier when making Jump checks.
Automatic Languages: Kushiban.

So now you can run your game.

EditorBFG

Explorer
gribble said:
There is a slightly more offical version of the Miraluka:
http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=12764611&postcount=33
Gary M. Sarli said:
Abilities: -2 Dex, +2 Int.
Speed: 6 squares.
Blindness: Miraluka cannot see normally. Unless they are able to use Force Sight (see below), all targets effectively have total concealment from them.
Bonus Feat: Force Sensitivity.
Force Sight: Miraluka have the ability to see through the Force despite being blind. This functions as the Force technique Improved Sense Surroundings (SECR p.103).
Quick Reactions: Miraluka may reroll Initiative checks, but they must keep the second result even if it is worse.
Yeah, his is better. Of course, guys who wrote the rulebook tend to do that.

Remove ads