Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sole survivor from another of Bail's "troubleshooting" team? Would explain Bail's rush to hire new blood and launch them at the felucian problem: his planned team for the mission being down unexpectedly? In that scenario, TF's character could have a deeper/longer understanding of the Rebellion effort (as lead by Bail), and maybe even a personnal/family connection to that worthy?

toasterferret

Explorer
Good ideas guys!

Sorry it's taking me so long to get the sheet together, I'm smack dab in the middle of midterms this week, as well as working two jobs. Tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

toasterferret

Explorer
Ok, here is the preliminary sheet. I left off equipment until i get a hard total that I can spend.

History should be up tomorrow.

Darius Thran

Sorry for the delay, last few days have been pretty crazy and I haven't been home much to post.

Backstory: Darius narrowly escaped Order 66, but his Jedi Master, Master Kwon Denasi was not so lucky. Darius was out on a lone scouting assignment when the order came down, and after seeing his master murdered at the hands of the clones, he siezed his opportunity during the confusion to slip away. He snuck aboard and stowed away on a freighter vessel bound for Alderan. Darius was desperate, but remembered Senator Bail from a previous assignment he and his master were on. They had provided security for Senator Organa during an assassination scare, so he knew the senator was likely the one person left in the Galaxy that he could count on the help him obtain a new identity and blend into the crowd.

Senator Organa remembered the young jedi, and quickly set him up with a new identity as a mercenary, then promptly employed him. During his briefing, he was told that a team had been sent out to retrieve a VIP from a prison camp on Felucia, and Darius would be joining them once they rendezvoused aboard the Resurgence.

Should I assume my starting credits are normal starting credits plus the 5000 credit share the rest of the party got from the last mission, or is there a different number for me?

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Just FYI, I'm waiting for a response from Songdragon to the Ror Roogak comment and from Possum/Varth on the impact of this on other imperial officers. Aside from that, I think we're ready about for the meeting with the good captain (and eventually Darius). Right?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think Possum is still out from moving. Hasn't checked back in yet.

re: Treasury
Current value will be 8100cr after not buying a veridicator and buying the expansion module for TB. Plus we still have that sled at 8000cr value (4000cr resale).

Then we each get our 2000cr payments. Rough wealth gained up to now is roughly 9500cr each based on what we paid out for Keyton.

However, Darius would start with max credits for 1st level. But to take part in the group's shared assets would require some buy-in from that 9500cr. Basically whatever the pay-out is (when we do that) subtracted from 5000cr. Roughly just over 2000cr.

By not worrying about every little credit, I think Darius can start with maximum starting credits + 7000cr to be on par with the rest of us and we can consider his character included as an equal share of loot still kept that will be sold later (i.e. Hover sled).

toasterferret

Explorer
Thanks Perrin, I'll use that number unless Possum comes in and tells me otherwise, but I might as well have something down that I can fix later.

Songdragon

Explorer
TF... not sure about what you will get for credits beyond starting funds. I know the share was from the goods and such that were acquired from the first adventure, so do not see your Jedi getting any of that. That is not to stay that Possum might not give you something extra. Just ask for what you think Darius might start with.

Binder, I believe Possum mentioned his posting being sporadic for the last week.

toasterferret

Explorer
I think what Perrin was talking about wasn't Darius getting a cut, but the average wealth by character so that I could start off on en even footing credit-wise. I'll just run with that figure for now and change it if I have to. That way at least I can finish the Character sheet.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
That is correct, not really a cut just an equivalent amount of wealth. The buy-in adjustment is to administratively allow him to share the expenses of the party items that came out of our loot so we don't have to track things separately.

It might be confusing, but I think TF gets it. I spend a lot of time dealing with party Treasuries in D&D so it makes sense to me and is fair all around.

Remove ads