• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars - SAGA vs. Revised

Azgulor

Adventurer
Thanks to all who responded!

Clearly, SAGA is the victor here and I'm glad to hear it falls closer to 3.5 (or d20 Modern) than 4e. I also appreciate the feedback that SAGA should be easier for my son to pick up.

Looks like I'll be checking out the books at the local bookstore this weekend. :)

Obryn

Hero

Clearly, SAGA is the victor here and I'm glad to hear it falls closer to 3.5 (or d20 Modern) than 4e. I also appreciate the feedback that SAGA should be easier for my son to pick up.

Looks like I'll be checking out the books at the local bookstore this weekend. :)
Cool deal, and I hope you enjoy it!

FYI, there was a significant amount of errata with the first printing. I have no idea if later printings corrected it or not. If it has not, you should definitely grab the errata since some of it makes a pretty big difference in the game. (An easy way to check would be to look at the weapon table. If the Stun column has some kind of "Yes/No" on it, the errata has been incorporated. If it lists damage dice, it has not.) Please note that I have no idea if this was done; I have not been keeping up on the news.

-O

The Highway Man

First Post

Cool! Like I said, there's a level of abstraction one has to "get" before enjoying Saga to its fullest (like say... realizing that you can make a tech character out of a Smuggler. That the mechanical elements are abstract in the first place, if you see what I mean), but once you "get" it (which by the way should come naturally to a newbie like your son), it's an absolute blast.

It's also d20 in essence. It's not 4e, though you can see how 4e's development influenced Saga.

Drowbane

First Post
Saga Edition.

Revised had issues. Saga doesn't mend everything, but it was a good step in the right direction.

Saga is what I expected 4e to be like for D&D... oh well.

edit: on that note, I have used Saga's Force System as an alternate magic system in my 3.75... with some tweaks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads