• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars scrolling intro for rpg?

ShaneHenry

First Post
Has anyone ever heard of a computer program that would let you simply type in some text, and the program would turn it into a customized, scrolling "yellow-letters-on-a-field-of-stars" intro like is seen at the beginning of the Star Wars movies? That would be a cool way to start each rpg session.

Wild Karrde

First Post
Just to let you know since you haven't gotten any responses that yes there is such a program. The reason I didn't answer is that I have no clue what it's called or where it comes from but I have seen it.

For some reason I want to say it came with some old Lucas desktop program screensaver type thing but I really don't know so I could be way off. But yes there is such an animal out there somewhere.

ShaneHenry

First Post
Thanks for the heads up...I'm glad that such a utility is out there somewhere. I'll keep looking -- maybe someone over at SWRPGNetwork has heard of it...

Ayrk

First Post
It might be a little more work than it is worth, but you could create something like fairly easily in Flash.

PurplePCEater

First Post
The only thing I know that does this is a telnet client, Windows only. Naturally you'll need a telnet server to connect it to, but there's no reason why you can't connect to the same local system.

If you're running 95/98 then you'll be able to find a telnet server/daemon on Tucows or similar, 2k/XP have built-in telnet daemons. Don't recall if NT does ot not. If you're using Me then you have my sympathies. :)

http://www.uselesscreations.com/UselessTelnet/ has options for use in a Star Wars mode as well as a Matrix mode. All you'd need to do is type your intro in to get it to scroll appropriately.

HTH.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
I downloaded it and want to use it, but I don't know what a host name is, LOL, so it won't work. Somebody please tell me what to type in for host name! D'OH!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads