[Star Wars] Somebody bought the license

possum

First Post
Well, whoever has it, I can only hope that they decide to support the minis line and RPG line equally (unlike someone we know...), and that they produce a quality product that honors both the WEG and WotC legacies of the line.

Greg K

Legend
I hope we never see another d20 class/level version (I am not a fan of it for licensed products).

The only systems that would interest me are Savage Worlds or Cortex (if it went more with the version used for Supernatural rather than that used for Leverage or Smallville). Cinematic Unisystem would interest me if the skills were less broad.

And, like at least one other person, I have a bad feeling that Games Workshop got it.

ggroy

First Post
And, like at least one other person, I have a bad feeling that Games Workshop got it.

If it is indeed the case that Games Workshop got the Star Wars license, wonder if this partially explains why Games Workshop licensed out Warhammer FRP to Fantasy Flight Games, instead of keeping it in-house.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
My bet would be FFG if I had to make a guess, but I wouldn't be suprised if Paizo got it. It's kind of a process of elimination of who's got the money to buy the license.

Probably. But maybe the price has dropped some since WotC walked away from renewing. All we know is that they'd have to be able to outbid Mongoose at this point in time. We don't have any idea of the amount Mongoose was able to bid or what a minimum bid would have been.

beldar1215

Explorer
I don't think this is possible, but it would be cool to see this come out for Savage Worlds!! I don't think PEG has the money to do this though.

Beldar

fireinthedust

Explorer
The problem is that SWSE is so comprehensive and *recent* I can't think of a recent I'd want to shell out anything to re-buy what I already have.

I don't understand why any company would want to do Star Wars in an over-saturated market like this one. There is so much stuff out there that has been covered and re-covered.

I bet it's Kevin Siembieda and Palladium. He's decided he just doesn't care any more and wants to convert all his favorite movies into Rifts!!!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Unlike other folks that replied here, I can actually read: "Now, the company concerned is not known for its miniatures lines", that means no Games Workshop. A shame really, I think they would do the miniatures great justice (multi pose plastic storm troopers)!

I seriously doubt the price of the license became any less, I think it actually became more expensive, and that is the reason why WotC didn't pursue it. There are few who could afford such a license. My first thought was "Paizo???", but the folks that really have a handle on licensed properties is FFG and they do have the money. I would expect boardgames, LCGs and maybe a RPG. I say maybe, because the market for RPGs isn't all that great at the moment. I also hope that they don't go the route of WFRP 3E, I want a book, not a boxed rpg/boardgame hybrid...

Remove ads