[Star Wars] Somebody bought the license

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
You guys just wait until the RIFTS movie is made and it is full of awesome borgian sword-swingers and techno-wizards flinging around radioactive poop. It will be like The Matrix meets Brain Candy plus Every Bad Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie from the '80's. With a soundtrack by Asia. Starring Nicolas Cage = Number one at the box office for ten months!
headbang.gif

I'm assuming this post was just a Heat of the Moment kind of thing...

:p

LightPhoenix

First Post
If we're going out on a limb and making wacky guesses base on pure conjecture, I'll throw one out there.

Bioware. Has enough money to buy it. Currently designing in the SW universe, and an MMORPG at that. Is not known for their miniatures, and is a relative unknown in the tabletop industry.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
There was an option on the Rifts movie rights, and I doubt that we'll ever see a movie/tv-series. In July 2009 the optien was extended by a year, no news since then, so the option ran out. Palladium would jump at the press release to announce that there might be a Rifts movie, like they did the five years before (with no real results).

ssampier

First Post
I think that would be the best bet - seems to be the future of bigger RPGs. The SW name would make it an easy gift, too, especially if they could get it into bigger stores like the red box was able to do. Can't you see Grandma seeing some starwars box, picking it up, seeing cards maybe some cardboard tokens or a "sample" full miniature and putting it in the box for her grandson? Sure, they're pricy, but I think you could do a lot with it.

I keep hearing this. You really think an RPG/board game sells better than RPG books? I really liked Warhammer 2e, but I am not about to buy a $100 Warhammer 3e set. I am one of those gamers that reads RPGs far more than actually playing.

Granted I am not the target market for this. Maybe Games Workshop and FFG are rolling around in cash piles and laughing all the way to the bank with their decision, but color me skeptical.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I keep hearing this. You really think an RPG/board game sells better than RPG books? I really liked Warhammer 2e, but I am not about to buy a $100 Warhammer 3e set. I am one of those gamers that reads RPGs far more than actually playing.

Granted I am not the target market for this. Maybe Games Workshop and FFG are rolling around in cash piles and laughing all the way to the bank with their decision, but color me skeptical.

I really dislike WFRP 3E because it tries to replace the 2E RPG game with a semi-boardgame. A Descent like game could easily exist beside a traditional RPG book product. Something with miniatures that attract they eye...

Jhaelen

First Post
I really dislike WFRP 3E because it tries to replace the 2E RPG game with a semi-boardgame. A Descent like game could easily exist beside a traditional RPG book product. Something with miniatures that attract they eye...
Except it isn't a 'semi-boardgame' and definitely not 'Descent-like'.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet ;)

Remove ads