• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi (OOC Thread)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeah, it's weird. Obsidian Entertainment seems to have a thing about making things in their sequels to Bioware games look totally different. Lord Nasher in NWN2 is completely unrecognizable. Oddly, more of the creatures actually look accurate to their Monster Manual artwork than in the original.

Rhun

First Post
Reven, who lost all his abilities. And being Reven doesn't make some lightsaber you looted from a dead sith ignore DR.

Revan in the first game only; you play the Exile in the second.

But in case you didn't notice, all weapons in the game were make from Cortosis, and all the ships looked wrong... So really, why are we taking KotOR as an example of anything?

I did notice actually. I thought both the Ebon Hawk and the Harbinger were pretty cool looking ships, though. And personally, I think the KotOR games were some of the best Star Wars storytelling since Epsidoes 4, 5 and 6.

Although, I have to admit I am stocked to see how Force Unleashed turns out...

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Right... and you only played the Exile in the second, in the first you played Revan. And neither of them caused random light sabers they picked up from dead sith to ignore DR on stuff they wouldn't... It seems like you disagree with me on something, but I can't tell what.

I agree that KotOR 1 at least was very good as far as Star Wars storytelling goes, though I've never played the second. Again I get the feeling that you're disagreeing with me on something, but can't tell what.

As for Force Unleashed... Well from what I've seen they're throwing out any and all canon that conflicts with their gameplay concept (Blowing things up and/or sending things flying with insanely over the top force powers), but it still looks like it could be fun to play if you can get over that, and the fact that the main character holds his lightsabers in "cool" (stupid backwards) style, and the fact that lightsabers in the game are apparently bludgeoning weapons.

Here's a video about the plot with some gameplay footage too.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35118.html

Watch for spoilers, and the developers telling you how the opening scene of the game makes you feel.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
I hate the suits playing fast and loose with the previous continuity. It was my major beef with the Clone Wars movie.

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For Possum]
I've been thinking of Anariel's advancement, once we get to a point where we can level up again...I'd like to start taking levels in Jedi Master prestige class. However, you either have to be level 13, or you have to be level 7 and have a padawan learner assigned to you (see meets all other requirements). Is this a possibility in your game? Would Anariel be able to get a padawan, and start taking levels of Jedi Master? I'd see her kind of like Obi-Wan...he was barely a Jedi Knight himself when he was given a padawan to train...

Let me know what you think?
[/sblock]

possum

First Post
[sblock=For Possum]
I've been thinking of Anariel's advancement, once we get to a point where we can level up again...I'd like to start taking levels in Jedi Master prestige class. However, you either have to be level 13, or you have to be level 7 and have a padawan learner assigned to you (see meets all other requirements). Is this a possibility in your game? Would Anariel be able to get a padawan, and start taking levels of Jedi Master? I'd see her kind of like Obi-Wan...he was barely a Jedi Knight himself when he was given a padawan to train...

Let me know what you think?
[/sblock]

[sblock]I'm sure that I can work that out for you.[/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
I'm sorry for my silence. This job I've gotten seems to have drained all capacity for creative thought from me, so I dunno if I'll really be able to contribute much to the game anymore.

Rhun

First Post
I'm sorry for my silence. This job I've gotten seems to have drained all capacity for creative thought from me, so I dunno if I'll really be able to contribute much to the game anymore.

I can certainly understand that; jobs can definitely drain one's vitality and stifle the creativity. :) My assistant has been out the last week and a half with health problems, so I've been trying to cover her jobs and mine...and it is working very well. LOL. Stress is a killer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads