• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi (OOC Thread)

Rhun

First Post
Ambrus said:
Nah. I'm flattered. Now if I can just get everyone else on the boards to use it. ;)

Bleh! I'm not a fan of the stat block look for PCs. Must be all that old 1E D&D gamer in me still. :D

It does look nice, though.

Rhun

First Post
possum said:
You can go by the Hero's Guide standard as to credits, but try to keep the flashy stuff to a minimum.

Could someone tell me how many credits that should be? I don't have the Hero's Guide. Thanks.

Ambrus

Explorer
Rhun said:
It does look nice, though.
You will succumb to the Dark Side of the stat block... :]
Rhun said:
Could someone tell me how many credits that should be? I don't have the Hero's Guide. Thanks.
5th level = 6,500 credits
(-1,000 credits for basic lightsaber components purchase)

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Voda Vosa said:
Explain me how and youll see me using it ^^ I have the current format because i use a character generator.
Simply go to either mine or Rhun's character posts, click on "quote" in the lower right hand corner then go into the window and systematically modify all the information to match your character's particulars and then you end up with something like this:

krevaakifm2.jpg

Voda Vosa

Male Krevaaki Force Adept 4 / Jedi Consular 1
Init +1; Senses Listen +14, Spot +14
Languages Read/Write/Speak Basic & Kreva
–––––––––––––––––––––––––
Defense 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16
Wound points 14
Vitality points 32
Force points 7
Reputation +1
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +10
Spd 10 meters
Melee lightsaber +4 (2d8) or combat gloves +3 (unarmed +2 dam.) or quarterstaff +3 (1d6/1d6)
Ranged heavy blaster +4 (3d8)
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Abilities Str 10, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 18, Chr 6
Feats Alertness, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Martial Arts,
Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency
(primitive weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons)
Force Feats Alter, Control, Dissipate Energy, Force-Sensitive, Sense
Skills Gamble +5, Hide +3, Listen +14, Move Silently +3, Search +7,
Spot +14, Survival +8, Swim +4, Treat Injury +8
Force Skills Farseeing +8, Force Strike +11, Heal Another +8, Telepathy +12
See Force +11
Class feature Deflect (defense +1)
Species Traits Natural Armor, Resilient, Stoic, Tentacles
Possessions Lightsaber, Combat Gloves, Quarterstaff, Heavy Blaster
Experience 10,000
Height 2.1 meters; Weight 111 Kg

Background Voda Vosa lived in his homeworld Krevas for much of his life, seeking knowledge in the swampy lands of his world. Before becoming a Druid, the priest of nature of his people(similar to the Ithorian ones), Seeking a mayor understanding of the universal fenomena of life and force, Voda Vosa leave Krevas and start traveling the galaxy. In one of the rides he end up messing with the republic, where he meets Mikos Thy'Wen a jedi master who could work out a pacefull solution for the Kervaakian Voda Vosa is an crustacean-like creature, deep glistening black eyes seems to look everywhere. His gender is unclear, sex for Krevaakians is not something you born with, but something you gain each reproductive season, "he" could be male or female dependin on the reproductive season. Anyway, anyone but a Kervaaki can see the difference. The robe he uses covers his 6 walking tentacles, and the other 2 are used as hand, holding his quarterstaff, simbol of his druidic order. He is well trained in martial arts, so the staff is quite decorative.

BTW, I've gone over your character and there are a number of apparent errors (though I could have missed something). For instance, your Defense bonus from your two classes was added together, but you didn't subtract 2 from the total. Your 'touch' defense bonus was also off. Your natural armor bonus should be +2 instead of +1. I don't know how you reached a total of 11 for your force points. You gain one per class (5), add one for gaining the Force-Sensitive feat (+1), then spend it to begin building your lightsaber (-1) and then add two for completing the job (+2) for a total of 7 force points (by my count at least). You didn't add in your +2 racial bonus to your grapple total. You gain a +1 to attack rolls with a lightsaber you've constructed yourself. Your character can't start off with the Dissipate Energy feat since the last time he gained a feat slot was at 3rd level and one of the prerequisites for the feat is that you be 4th level. I also don't know where the "natural swimmer" +10 bonus comes from. Like I said, I may be wrong about some of these things, but I went ahead and made the changes in my writeup for your character.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I think your right in everything XD I think i just delet the character generator ive downloaded haha. Your right, theres no natural swimer trait, theres a resilient trait that give me a +1 fortitude save, the defense bonus is +2, and tentacles give me a +2 graple bonus and +2 climb check. I shoould check it myself, sorry for the incombinients.
Ill pick another feat, defensive martial arts. So quoting your post with this modification will be something like this, let me see....

Voda Vosa

Male Krevaaki Force Adept 4 / Jedi Consular 1
Init +1; Senses Listen +14, Spot +14
Languages Read/Write/Speak Basic & Kreva
Defense 19, touch 11, flat-footed 16
Wound points 14
Vitality points 32
Force points 7
Reputation +1
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +10
Spd 10 meters
Melee lightsaber +4 (2d8) or combat gloves +3 (unarmed +2 dam.) or quarterstaff +3 (1d6/1d6)
Ranged heavy blaster +4 (3d8)
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 18, Chr 6
Feats: Alertness, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Martial Arts,
Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency
(primitive weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons)
Force Feats: Alter, Control, Defensive Martial Arts, Force-Sensitive, Sense
Skills: Climb +2, Gamble +5, Hide +3, Listen +14, Move Silently +3, Search +7,
Spot +14, Survival +8, Swim +4, Treat Injury +8
Force Skills Farseeing +8, Force Strike +11, Heal Another +8, Telepathy +12
See Force +11
Class feature Deflect (defense +1)
Species Traits Natural Armor, Resilient, Stoic, Tentacles
Possessions Lightsaber, Combat Gloves, Quarterstaff, Heavy Blaster
Experience 10,000
Height 2.1 meters; Weight 111 Kg

Voda Vosa lived on his homeworld of Krevas for much of his life; seeking knowledge in the swampy lands of his world before becoming a druid (a nature priest of his people similar to those of the Ithorians). Seeking a better understanding of the universal phenomenon of life and the force, Voda Vosa left Krevas and started traveling the galaxy. During one of his journeys he ended up in an altercation within the Republic, wherein he met Mikos Thy'Wen, a Jedi master who managed to work out a peaceful resolution for the Krevaaki.

Voda Vosa is an crustacean-like creature, with deep glistening black eyes that seem to peer everywhere. His gender is unclear since for the Krevaaki it is not something individuals are born with, but rather something they gain during each reproductive season. "He" can switch between being male or female depending on the nature of the reproductive season. It matters little since few beside the Krevaaki could spot the differences between either gender.

Voda is quite self-centered, but all that crumbles when he is faced with pain. The Krevaaki is afraid of pain as he hates it with all his soul. It is the reason why he is so perceptive; he seeks to forsee painful situations so that he may avoid them. Voda always tries to manoeuvre himself out of these kinds of situations by avoiding them outright or using force tricks to sidestep them. Others may see it as cowardice, but Voda prides himself on his talents to dodge pain.

The robe he wears covers his 6 walking tentacles and the remaining 2 he uses as hands to hold his quarterstaff; the symbol of his druidic order. He is well trained in martial arts and so the staff is more than merely decorative.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Rhun said:
At least we don't have to worry about being surprised! :D

yes i love these skills, very usefull they are indeed.

Is defense calculated right? +2 dex +2 nat armor +2 def martilal and what else?

ByteRynn

First Post
How do you feel about stuff from the Arms and Equipment guide?

That said, I don't have Power of the Jedi or Dark Side...could someone look over those books and tell me if there is something that seems to fit my character in one of those?

Remove ads