• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi (OOC Thread)

possum

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Great, just my luck not to notice this game until it's full. :(

Go ahead and create a character. I'm going to pick the four best characters that I've received at the end of about a week or so.

And sorry, I have to strike down the idea of using a double-bladed lightsaber. I don't think that they've been invented yet.

Ambrus

Explorer
possum said:
And sorry, I have to strike down the idea of using a double-bladed lightsaber. I don't think that they've been invented yet.
If you're refering to me, I'm afraid you're mistaking the dual-phase lightsaber from Tales of the Jedi (page 55) with the double-bladed lightsaber from the Core-rulebook. Although there's no mention of their exact creation date, the text does describe them as being "archaic".

Since they seem tailor made for Jedi capable of changing their size, I'd even go so far as to postulate that it's the Neti who first created them back before their homeworld was destroyed.

possum

First Post
Ambrus said:
If you're refering to me, I'm afraid you're mistaking the dual-phase lightsaber from Tales of the Jedi (page 55) with the double-bladed lightsaber from the Core-rulebook. Although there's no mention of their exact creation date, the text does describe them as being "archaic".

Since they seem tailor made for Jedi capable of changing their size, I'd even go so far as to postulate that it's the Neti who first created them back before their homeworld was destroyed.

Curse my eyes... Sorry. Dual-phase lightsabers should be fine.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Heh, well I guess I'll try but I'm not very creative and only have the Revised Core Rulebook so don't hold your breath. :\ Well maybe I'll get inspired.

Hey Voda, why don't you have your character speak imperfect basic? Then you wouldn't have to worry so much about your grammar.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Voda, I read through the background you wrote and, although interesting, it does contain a few spelling and gramatical errors. If you're interested, I tried editing it to make it a little clearer. Feel free to use it or ignore it:[sblock=background]Voda Vosa lived on his homeworld of Krevas for much of his life; seeking knowledge in the swampy lands of his world before becoming a druid (a nature priest of his people similar to those of the Ithorians). Seeking a better understanding of the universal phenomenon of life and the force, Voda Vosa left Krevas and started traveling the galaxy. During one of his journeys he ended up in an altercation within the Republic, wherein he met Mikos Thy'Wen, a Jedi master who managed to work out a peaceful resolution for the Krevaaki.

Voda Vosa is an crustacean-like creature, with deep glistening black eyes that seem to peer everywhere. His gender is unclear since for the Krevaaki it is not something individuals are born with, but rather something they gain during each reproductive season. "He" can switch between being male or female depending on the nature of the reproductive season. It matters little since few beside the Krevaaki could spot the differences between either gender.

Voda is quite self-centered, but all that crumbles when he is faced with pain. The Krevaaki is afraid of pain as he hates it with all his soul. It is the reason why he is so perceptive; he seeks to forsee painful situations so that he may avoid them. Voda always tries to manoeuvre himself out of these kinds of situations by avoiding them outright or using force tricks to sidestep them. Others may see it as cowardice, but Voda prides himself on his talents to dodge pain.

The robe he wears covers his 6 walking tentacles and the remaining 2 he uses as hands to hold his quarterstaff; the symbol of his druidic order. He is well trained in martial arts and so the staff is more than merely decorative.[/sblock]Out of curiosity, what is your native language?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads