• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Tempest Feud -- How easy to convert to SWSE?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Well, the title says it all. I'm interested in converting "Tempast Feud" to the Saga edition. Is this a fools erand?

Also, on a related point, suppose I was interested in running it in either the Old Republic Era or the Legacy Era, any advice on which would be better?

Thanks,
Scott

gribble

Explorer
Skywalker said:
Tempest Feud would be easy to convert with GM Sarli's conversion guidelines. There is nothing unusual in it.
Yeah, I'm actually taking a crack at it myself right now. The biggest issues are:
  • A lot of the characters don't convert across easily because of changes in the class structure - it's hard to decide when a single-class character in RCR is better off multi-classing under SE (because an ability central to the concept has been moved to another class) or dropping an ability (where an ability was more an artifact of the RCR rules).
  • Equivalent level characters have a lot more class abilities (talents) and feats in SE. Most of the RCR characters I've converted have picked up a whole suite of new abilities under SE.

So the conversion is actually a lot harder than expected, mainly becauise there is a *lot* of subjective judgement involved that (obviously) isn't covered by the conversion guide... still it's a good way to learn the rules and get practice at modelling character concepts under SE!
:)

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
This is very helpful. Any advice on Era? I'd like to avoid the "Big 3" eras, and I'm leaning toward legacy, but I know that the Yuzhan Vong invasion destroyed Nar Shadda, and that could effect how the adventure plays out in a legacy campaign, but I also know that after the Vong were pushed back, it was repopulated by the requisite thugs and bad guys, so I could just fudge it.

Old Republic looks promising, as there is a lot of un-claimed territory, but thn the quesetion would be whether I try to tie it in to the Mandalorian wars, or some time after, or even a thousand or so years after the events of the comic.

Any advice would be helpful.

Remove ads