Star Wars: The Acolyte starts June 4

I wonder, has the EU every looked into "positive emotions" and the Force? The Dark Side obviosuly feeds on Anger and Hate, and the Jedi (and thus, one assumes, the Light Side) focus on a lack of emotion and attachment. is there a canon Star Wars Force tradition that embraces love, compassion, friendship, etc...?

It's worth remembering that the whole "no emotional attachments" thing was an invention of the prequel trilogy. It literally didn't exist in the original trilogy. Obi-wan actually promoted the use of emotions with the whole "trust your feelings" bit. And even Yoda used fear as a lesson. The Jedi teachings from the original trilogy were to control your emotions and use calmness to know positive feelings from negative ones, but never to actually deny emotion or attachment.

As you can imagine, the EU reflected all that, right up until the prequels came out.

They aren't even "good."

It's worth remembering that the whole "no emotional attachments" thing was an invention of the prequel trilogy. It literally didn't exist in the original trilogy. Obi-wan actually promoted the use of emotions with the whole "trust your feelings" bit. And even Yoda used fear as a lesson. The Jedi teachings from the original trilogy were to control your emotions and use calmness to know positive feelings from negative ones, but never to actually deny emotion or attachment.

As you can imagine, the EU reflected all that, right up until the prequels came out.
I do think this series may address the idea that the jedi order has lost it's way at this point in it's history.

I do think this series may address the idea that the jedi order has lost it's way at this point in it's history.
I read some of the High Republic books, and they generally seem to be positioning the Jedi Order as bumbling and somewhat naïve do-gooders who still always manage to get it together in the end, and where earlier versions of the approach in the prequel era ("no attachments") are clearly somewhat present but both not being consistently followed and being harmful where they are followed, so it might, but I wouldn't expect the sort of wholesale condemnation of the Jedi Order some people would like. Also note that the Jedi Order survives this era, indeed it's seen as a golden age in a lot of ways.

We know approximately when it's set, probably somewhere between 250-130 years before ANH, depending on how old Vernestra Rwoh is in it (a Jedi with a particularly ridiculous whip-lightsaber).

Was this delayed possibly due to Covid?

I’m not super excited for this as disneys track record has been bad for live action at least 50% of the time

Zardnaar

Legend

I read some of the High Republic books, and they generally seem to be positioning the Jedi Order as bumbling and somewhat naïve do-gooders who still always manage to get it together in the end, and where earlier versions of the approach in the prequel era ("no attachments") are clearly somewhat present but both not being consistently followed and being harmful where they are followed, so it might, but I wouldn't expect the sort of wholesale condemnation of the Jedi Order some people would like. Also note that the Jedi Order survives this era, indeed it's seen as a golden age in a lot of ways.

We know approximately when it's set, probably somewhere between 250-130 years before ANH, depending on how old Vernestra Rwoh is in it (a Jedi with a particularly ridiculous whip-lightsaber).

Blame 1980s Marvel comics for the whip lightsaber.

Remove ads