• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: We Joined the Rebellion for This?! OOC

I'm looking for a max of 4 players for a Rebellion Era SWd20 Revised game. I know the Saga rules have just come out but I need a couple of weeks to get it and then go over it enough to be comfortable trying it out...so if you'd rather try those out, I'd suggest waiting a few weeks as I'll get a Saga game going when I'm ready to. :)

So for this...the idea is fairly simple. The Death Star was destroyed about a month prior, and the Rebellion is desperately searching for a new base with the Empire cracking down on all planets with any hint of Rebel activity. But the victory has sparked a hope in the galaxy, and many Imperials have defected. Independent Rebel cells on planets throughout the galaxy, though mostly in the Outer and Mid Rim, have started to join with the main Rebel Alliance group to coordinate the galaxy wide war.

One such uprising occurred on the famous homeworld of Luke Skywalker, Tatooine. Though the uprising was put down by Imperial forces, Rogue Squadron was able to minimize civilian casualties before they were forced to escape the planet. Since then, the Empire has clamped down hard on Tatooine, knowing how easily the planet could fire up against them again. Luke Skywalker's growing fame is definitely not helping their situation.

In all of the chaos currently engulfing the galaxy, Alliance High Command has recieved word that one of their major informants on Tatooine is either in danger of being discovered...or has been. The informant is, apparently, an Imperial officer, but little else is actually known. But due to his importance, Alliance High Command has decided to send a small group to the planet to find this individual and get him off alive.

As was mentioned at the top of the post...looking for 4 characters to fit the Alliance team to get the informant. If we have more than four interested, will approve the mains based on concepts(so you don't have to work out stats if the character isn't picked), any others will be put down as alternates.

Character Creation Rules:
-Stats can be generated with either 32 Point Buy or I'll roll 4d6/drop lowest. Your choice.
-PCs will start at 6th level.
-Vitality will be rolled by me.
-Credits are standard for the level(as per the table in Heroes Guidebook.)
-All Revised books are fair game, as are most of the older books. If you go for anything non-core, please do me a favour and list the source.
-If I missed anything...feel free to yell at me. :)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Another star wars game! Great! I would love to join if that's ok.
One question: Can we choose any class? Are there restrictions?

Voda Vosa said:
Another star wars game! Great! I would love to join if that's ok.
One question: Can we choose any class? Are there restrictions?
Only the usual restrictions for the Era...i.e. no starting Jedi. Force Sensitive feat is okay, but don't want every character to go for that if it comes up.

Fenris

Adventurer
I'll toss my hat it. I have the old book, but have never played so forgive any miscues.

And if you'll have me, I'll go ahead and have you roll stats for me.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Lol, this game seems to happen during the exact same time as the other star wars game that recently started recruiting. I'd love to play but I think I'm already in too many games. Any more and I'll run out of colors for speech, not to mention that their personalities are already melding together. :heh:

Mitchifer

First Post
I haven't played in a pbp game in a long while, but I'd be interested in joining this one.

One question though: how often do you expect posts? Unfortunately, I will not be able to post everyday.

Thanks,

Mitchifer

possum

First Post
And regarding the Force-sensitive feat. With Sarriss from Jedi Knight currently on planet, you might not last long.

Count me in. I'll try to think of a character relatively soon.

Fenris said:
I'll toss my hat it. I have the old book, but have never played so forgive any miscues.

And if you'll have me, I'll go ahead and have you roll stats for me.

Just to make sure...by 'old book' you mean the Revised version, yes? Saga's still a bit new so I can't bring myself to call the Revised rules old just yet. :)

Looks like a four or so are already interested, and we might nail a few more, but since stats can be important for character designs...here's some rolls for you to run through a concept: 10, 11, 12, 9, 15, 18.

Dire Lemming said:
Lol, this game seems to happen during the exact same time as the other star wars game that recently started recruiting. I'd love to play but I think I'm already in too many games. Any more and I'll run out of colors for speech, not to mention that their personalities are already melding together.

Hehe...well, I would have started this a bit earlier but when I made a post asking people what they wanted me to run, D&D got the most interest...so I got that game off the ground and moving first. Now that its on its feet and moving, I figured now would be a good time to get this one started.

Besides, Star Wars is where my gaming origins lie, so I couldn't let get back into PbP games without a little Star Wars again. :)

Mitchifer said:
I haven't played in a pbp game in a long while, but I'd be interested in joining this one.

One question though: how often do you expect posts? Unfortunately, I will not be able to post everyday.

Thanks,

Mitchife

Have to say that I'd prefer daily posts if possible. With only four players being the aim, getting stuck waiting on one person is a bit harder to gloss over. Not only that, but PbP games that don't have regular posting can kind of die off a little too much and I want to make sure this one lives.

possum said:
And regarding the Force-sensitive feat. With Sarriss from Jedi Knight currently on planet, you might not last long.

Count me in. I'll try to think of a character relatively soon.

Pfft. Its a big planet...besides, Sariss was a pushover. ;)

Dire Lemming

First Post
I actually had allot of trouble with Sariss, I died so many times before I could get the lightsaber. The next time I played dark side and it was allot easier since I didn't have to fight her. Speaking of Jedi Knight, did anyone else think that the kissing animation at the end of Jedi knight 2 looked really dumb? Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any game where characters didn't look stupid in a kissing animation. Of course it's fine with the sims since they're supposed to look silly.

Man... now I want to play in this game even more... Well I guess it'd be ok I made a character that wasn't so much like my usual ones. Maybe I should make another doctor with anger issues. Hm, that other game is still recruiting so if I only get into one of these I'll still be in a Star Wars game set between IV and V, and I do like playing good guys more... Ok! I'll think something up for this one! Probably a doctor.

Mitchifer

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Have to say that I'd prefer daily posts if possible. With only four players being the aim, getting stuck waiting on one person is a bit harder to gloss over. Not only that, but PbP games that don't have regular posting can kind of die off a little too much and I want to make sure this one lives.

Better count me out then. When I have to work, it's for 3-day streches at a time, and I don't think I can access enworld.org at work.

Thanks anyway though.

Remove ads