Star Wars: Wrong place at the wrong time: OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
I like all of the concepts, and for the droid I'd prefer one that could interact with humans nicely so your 2nd choice would probably be better.

No DRK-1? But they're so cute... *sniff* Oh well. :(

So what's the planet of Depra II like (I can't find any mention of it online). Major races? Major industries? Climate? Recent history? At what point in the attack does the campaign start; before, during or after?

For the droid, would you prefer an out-of-the-box stock model without any extra additions, equipment or credits? If so then my character is pretty much ready to go. :)

If you'd enjoy me tweaking it a bit then let me know what kind of flexibility you'd allow. More credits for extra parts?

Last edited:

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
You'll find nothing on Depra II primarily because it isn't any part of Star Wars canon, I made it up. THe planet has a mostly tropical climate except for the major cities which have been set up in the realitivly moderate areas. The native race is called the Guoot, you can play one if you want, however there are some limitations (more on that later). Most major industry is revolving around the Nergon 14 mining and refining. The planet has realitivly little history, in fact the only things many historians find about this planet that's worth noting, is the strange rock formations throghout the countryside. This campaign starts after the initial attack, after most of the local malitia has fallen.

Now the Guoot

The Guoot stand on average four feet tall on full adulthood, and look realitivly humanoid, aside from thier abnormaly disporportionate feet and head. They have an affinaty with the wild, and therefore like to live outside of cities. They all can speak Guoot and Basic. However they can only read/write Guoot.

Species Traits: -2 Str, +2 Wis, -2 Con, at 1st and 5th level any Guoot hero can choose one of the following feats if they can mmet the prerecquisits. Animal Affinity, Iron Will (comes from living an isolated life), Sharp-eyed, and Track. Also the following skills are alawys concidered class skills for Guoots Knowledge (wild), Ride, and Move silently. The Guoot tend to go towards the Fringer and Scout classes, but no classes are prohibited to Guoots except for noble

Last edited:

Candide

First Post
When do we post character stats?

Also, about the 2 levels of Non-hero classes. It seems to me that that doesn't really make sense. If you look at Luke Skywalker's stats. He's a couple levels of Fringer. That was before he really did anything as a Jedi. So that seems to me, in a way, that we could choose hero classes but have them not mean something as heroic as what they are originally meant for. Not all Soldier classed NPCs are ones that matter. I'm fine with it your way, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Candide said:
When do we post character stats?

Also, about the 2 levels of Non-hero classes. It seems to me that that doesn't really make sense. If you look at Luke Skywalker's stats. He's a couple levels of Fringer. That was before he really did anything as a Jedi. So that seems to me, in a way, that we could choose hero classes but have them not mean something as heroic as what they are originally meant for. Not all Soldier classed NPCs are ones that matter. I'm fine with it your way, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

He said something I'd been thinking. It really doesn't make sense - and what's more, it hurts our character. We'll be level 3, but not ECL 3. We won't be able to handle encounters intended for level 3 characters as well as intended. And for some character concepts... well, non Hero classes don't make sense at all.

drowelvenranger

First Post
i would like to play

I would like to play i have only played one star wars campign before,and was in the middle of it when i moved and now have no group.I would like to play a jedi counsalr,who i s struggling,with the light side and the dark side,he has been thinking if (example if you used force lighting to kill some one who was trying to kill you,why is it bad or to save some one etc)His ,main goal,is to gain an ultimate understanding of the living force,i hope you will allow me to join,i will modify my chachter in any way to help the game,or to meet gm wishes.

Ambrus

Explorer
originally posted by RobotRobotI
He was raised as a padawan into adulthood by his master
originally posted by Candide
I was thinking of a Thug/Jedi Guardian character.
originally posted by drowelvenranger
I would like to play a jedi counsalr

You guys did catch the bit about the campaign being set in Clone Wars era right? You do realize that Darth Vader is personally going to hunt down your trio of Jedi right? Just thought I'd mention that. :heh:

RobotRobotI

First Post
To be fair, Rikkin doesn't follow the Jedi way anymore.

I thought Vader allowed some Dark Side force users into the Empire. Doesn't matter, not the end of the world. It'll be fun anyways. =]

Remove ads