• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starfinder: Red Dawn (OOC/ FULL)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I like the idea of us knowing each other, having worked together before.

I'm still working out Starfinder. Expect a sheet within a week for Crash.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Just an update as more character sheets come in I was planning on having the crew have a headquarters on one of the pact worlds or their moons. If you have it on the station it will just be a couple of rooms in a hotel/condo like place if it's on another planet it could be larger with the materials fitting the planet. Nothing fancy at the start just a place to call home.

Just let me know where you want it to be stationed.

Hmm...Haven't read through all of the setting stuff yet, so I don't know. Elyea has ties to Absalom and Castrovel though.

Firathor

Villager
My halfling, Tirn, also has an outlaw-esque background. He was part of a smuggling group that got quite well known during the Swarm War, but they all got wiped out bar him during the war. He's been living off the name that they built up for themselves over the years, but that's starting to wear off and he's looking for a way to bring his legend back to the boil. Maybe he knew you guys, or the previous inhabitants of your chassis from his last adventures?

Shayuri

First Post
My first idea for a backstory takes some liberties with how the Android race works, but since the book doesn't give much detail, I figure it's okay. That said, if our GM decides this doesn't make sense I'll come up with something else.

Since androids are 'born adult,' it makes sense to me that they would have a period of time after being initially activated where they experience very fast learning, personality formation, and so on...similar to a human's first several years of life, but perhaps even faster. They might be 'born' with programmed information, but there's a lot of missing context there that they have to be able to absorb quickly to take a place in society.

So at one point, I'd say maybe four or five years back, a ship was en route to a new colony being founded by androids. The ship carried dozens, maybe hundreds of 'fresh' new androids intended to be activated on site so they could learn that world and its people and the duties needed as part of that initial 'imprinting' period. The ship was however hijacked by pirates. The androids onboard were awakened and imprinted to a life of slavery.

After a few years of this, my character...fighting this indoctrination...came up with an elaborate plan for escape. She hacked her own brain, using this 'exocortex' of her own design, and performed the psychiatric equivalent of chewing her own leg off to escape from a bear trap. Portions of her mind were erased and/or modified to free her of the psychological and emotional constraints of her imprinting period. This allowed her to put her plan into action and leave that existence behind.

Naturally, there were side effects.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Introducing our crazy-skilled pilot... :)

I'm thinking he was born and raised on Absalom Station, fatherless and with a mother who serves drinks (and more) in a dockside pub of ill repute, and falling in with the wrong crowd. Realizes he loves illegal races, and quickly becomes a hotshot, learning to sneak into places he shouldn't and emerging with stolen speeders or ships. Not caught yet.

Sounds like the kind of crowd he could bump into the outlaws. :)

[sblock=Crash]
Kyran “Crash” Asherock
CN Human Ace Pilot Operative 1

Resolve: 5
Experience: 0
Initiative: +9 (+4 dex, +4 feat, +1 edge)
BAB: +0
Speed: 30 feet

Statistics:
Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 18 (+4)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 13 (+1)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 10 (+0)

Defence:
Stamina: 7
Maximum HP: 10
Current HP: 10
KAC: 16
EAC: 15

Saves:
Fort: 1 = 0 base + 1 con
Reflex: 6 = 2 base + 4 dex
Will: 2 = 2 base + 0 wis

Feats:
Skill Focus: Acrobatics (bonus class feat)
Skill Focus: Stealth (bonus class feat)
Skill Focus: Piloting (level 1 feat)
Improved Initiative (bonus racial feat)

Racial Abilities (human):
+2 to any ability (Dex)
Extra feat (Improved Initiative)
Extra skill point per level (Disguise)

Theme: Ace Pilot
Piloting is a class skill or +1 to Piloting checks. -5 DC to Culture checks regarding spaceships and famous pilots.

Class Abilities (Operative):
Proficiencies – Light armor, Basic melee weapons, Small arms, Sniper weapons
Operative’s Edge – Initiative checks and skill checks get +1 bonus
Specialization: Ghost – Free skill ranks in Acrobatics and Stealth, free Skill Focus in Acrobatics and Stealth, can use Stealth with +4 bonus to make Trick Attack
Trick Attack 1d4 – Move up to speed, then make Bluff, Intimidate or Stealth check (DC 20 + target’s CR) to add 1d4 damage to weapon attack.

Skills:
+12 Acrobatics (1 rank, +3 class skill, +4 dex, +3 skill focus, +1 edge)
+1 Athletics (+1 edge)
+5 Bluff (1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 edge)
+6 Computers (1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 int, +1 edge)
+6 Culture (1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 int, +1 edge)
+1 Diplomacy (+1 edge)
+5 Disguise (1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 edge)
+6 Engineering (1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 int, +1 edge)
+1 Intimidate (+1 edge)
+5 Perception (1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 edge)
+13 Piloting (1 rank, +3 class skill, +4 dex, +3 skill focus, +1 ace pilot, +1 edge)
+5 Sense Motive (1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 edge)
+9 Sleight Of Hand (1 rank, +3 class skill, +4 dex, +1 edge)
+12 Stealth (1 rank, +3 class skill, +4 dex, +3 skill focus, +1 edge)
+5 Survival (1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 edge)

Languages: Common, Ysoki
Bulk: 2 (encumbered 6, overencumbered 11)

Combat Gear:
Azimuth Laser Pistol, +4 atk, 1d4 F, burn 1d4, 80', 20 charges, bulk L, 350
Survival Knife, +4 atk, 1d4 S, analog, operative, bulk L, 95
Second Skin, +1 EAC/+2 KAC, +5 max dex, 0 ACP, bulk L, 410

Other Gear:
Consumer Packpack, +1 Str for carrying, bulk 1
Everyday Clothing, bulk L
Hygiene Kit, bulk 1
Engineering Tool Kit, bulk L
Personal Comm Unit, 1 hand, capacity 80, 1/hour, bulk L

Wealth:
51 credits
[/sblock]

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
I like it everything is starting to come together. For a neighboring solar system I am going to use the Xa-Osoro System from the Starfarer's Companion. Some of you may know something of this system, others nothing, I've included the basic outline of the system below. I'm thinking I'm going to start you off on your first job which will be a search and rescue mission of some sorts, haven't decided on the planet yet. [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] your idea for your characters background is solid no objections from me.

[sblock=The Xa-Osoro System]

The Xa-Osoro System and its Radiant Imperium have existed for thousands of years, originating from the planet Azan and spreading throughout the system. The Xa-Osoro System is a binary star system that features twinned rulers: Xa the Emperess and Osoro the Emperor. The deities that make up most of the pantheon of the Xa-Osoro System’s religions are deeply connected to the celestial bodies that comprise the system; Xa the Emperess is both star and goddess, as is her husband, Osoro, and various others such as Bantosian, Uramesh, Tor, and more. Some say that the gods worshiped by the inhabitants of the Xa-Osoro System are mere projections of the life essence of these planets, moons, and stars, while others claim that each deity created its planetary namesake to foster life within the system. Whatever the case may be, the people of the Xa-Osoro System are more religious than many others even in the far-flung future of science and mechanical ingenuity, a trait that makes recent events within the system all the more tragic.

Roughly 300 years ago, a mysterious ripple in time caused much of the recorded history of the Xa-Osoro for the past millennia to abruptly vanish, as did the memories of those living through the age. These spacetime fluctuations were a mere nuisance compared to the real aftermath of this event, known as the Nova Age by mystics and scientists alike. For at some point during this Nova Age, one of Xa-Osoro’s binary stars, Osoro the Emperor, went supernova, collapsing into a black hole that dances with its empress in gravitational entropy. The entire system should have been destroyed, but much of the energy of the Emperor’s destruction was abated. Some think the energy was used up in causing dimensional breaches. Others believe the twin star the Empress saved the system from her mate’s fury. Even today, the answer is not known.

There was considerable damage, of course. Moreover, the star’s collapse sent shockwaves of strangely-tainted plasma coursing throughout the system—this viscera commonly known as Blood Space, has twisted reality as the people of the Radiant Imperium once knew it. Azan, formerly the closest planet to the suns, was consumed in pyroclastic destruction, leveling the seat of the Radiant Imperium’s power and much of its hierarchy into little more than an asteroid belt. Hordes of fiends roam Blood Space, pulled into the Material Plane via subsequent distortions in space-time, and direct content with Blood Space corrodes ships and warps mortals into horrible creatures known as the Blood Mad. In the unfortunate situations where Blood Space made direct contact with a planet or moon, that world was forever altered in some way, often for the worse. For instance, on Bantosian, Blood Space warped the moon’s atmosphere, twisting the local catfolk and devolving many off-worlders into feral-minded beasts. On Eogawa, Blood Space’s influence caused a deadly airborne version of lycanthropy to infect nearly every humanoid living on the moon, and on Ashaleth, Blood Space sped up the planet’s rotation and revolution to such extremes that it twisted into a torus planet.

In the centuries since Blood Space’s explosive arrival in the Xa-Osoro System, the people of the Radiant Imperium have tried to pick up the pieces of their lives and press forward. Several large corporations, such as 1010 Robotics, XLG, and Helix have stepped up and forged an uneasy partnership with the shattered remnants of the Radiant Imperium’s government to form a partnership dedicated to regulating the Xa-Osoro System’s citizens. New business opportunities emerge every day, and explorers from outside the system arriving in the system heralded the discovery of hyperspace technology. But even as the people of Xa-Osoro look towards a brighter tomorrow amidst the tragedy and loss of the Regicide, dark tidings loom in shadows. No longer a cohesive whole, countless factions that once festered within the Radiant Imperium see the Nova Age as an opportunity to grab at power, their squabbles preventing the once glorious empire from uniting with its full might. Additionally, the corporations that have partnered with the Radiant Imperium do so for their own benefit, often blinding the government to their dubious practices in the name of economic growth and prosperity. Shadowy schemes are born in both the dark underbellies of the Xa-Osoro System’s remaining cities and in suave sitting rooms and offices of powerful corporations. Amidst dark tidings, the people of the XaOsoro System need heroes now more than ever. [/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
ef3727332e73b48063760b0d691c5379--anime-girl-oc-anime-girl-with-white-hair-and-red-eyes.jpg
Terra Nova was created in the image of an unassuming teenage female with infiltration in mind. Her nonthreatening appearance granted her freedom of movement and rarely garnered attention from anyone. After the successful assassination of a high profile political figure the Corporation felt her usefulness had run its course and ordered her purged however, a clerical error resulted in only a simple memory purge and not her complete destruction as intended. When the Corporation got word of the error it was too late. She had been shipped out to a new buyer because of her resemblance to a wealthy man’s deceased daughter. The Corporation was furious. If anyone successfully scrubbed Terra’s memory the fragments of her assassinations could be pieced together and point back to them as the perpetrators. That was not an option, so they strong armed the location of the buyer and sent a small team to tie up all loose ends. Fortunately for Terra she was out on an errand when the team arrived at her new owner’s estate. She rounded the corner and froze in place as the team stormed the estate. The sight triggered memories of her past. The rushed purge job at the factory was violently undone and a flood of data temporarily caused a system restart. When she successfully rebooted she was staring at the sky. Black smoke dissipated in the winds as she got back on her feet. The restart caused her to fall back around the corner and as she peeked around the corner the estate was ablaze and the infiltration team nowhere in sight. With parts of her memory restored Terra has stuck to the shadows and kept moving to stay one step ahead of the Corporation. With no way to know if she was still being pursued she continues to look over her shoulder. This new crew doesn’t seem too interested in her past, only her performance, probably better for them if it stays that way.

Remove ads