Starfinder Starfinder rockets to the top on Amazon!

Happy for Paizo. Glad for their success.

The book left me cold, so not buying it. Too much Pathfinder. I loved the 3e system compared to 2e and 4e, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. But glad the system still has some fans

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
For me I am just grateful that Starfinder is d20 based and not "hey look at these wierd ass symbol dice we made a game around".

barrowwight

Explorer
I have been thinking of picking this up from Amazon but I notice that about 6 out of the current 16 reviews mention missing pages and problems with the books binding. Anyone here that has recieved copy, have you had any of these issues?

AJCarrington

Explorer
No issues with either of my copies. However, I have seen a number of comments out there regarding misprints and binding issues. Haven't heard of any case where Paizo hasn't stepped up to address the issue as needed (i.e. replacing the book).

LordOz

First Post
Glad I held off buying it. I saw it in my FLGS and quickly flipped through it, but wanted to read reviews before plunking down for the book. If there are print issues, I'll definitely hold off until a later print run.

Shopping on Amazon today. Does look like it dropped back down.
Was fun while it lasted.

Glad I held off buying it. I saw it in my FLGS and quickly flipped through it, but wanted to read reviews before plunking down for the book. If there are print issues, I'll definitely hold off until a later print run.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Get it from your FLGS and you can flip through and check. If it's bad, grab another. If it dies quickly, I imagine Paizo will replace.

It's just a matter of numbers.
If 1 in a 1000 books die, and you print 10,000 copies, then the 10 people who get a crap book don't get noticed. But if you print and sell 250,000, then the 250 people who get the bad book seem a lot more visible since they're all complaining.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Wow, 8 of the 18 reviews on Amazon so far mention the binding/spine have problems. That seems like more than a minor glitch. I am sure Paizo will take care of anyone impacted by this issue though. They always have in the past.

Remove ads