[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

The Stone Courtyard
P7X – 912
Almost two hours since arrival, June 3, 2003

Durant walked over to Andreev and then slowly looked up into the sky. "Help from Myrrdin? That's not good. Means he's still keeping tabs on us. I don't like that at all. Let's get moving and hope we can lose his little spy satellite in the mountains."

Picking himself up off the ground, Andreev re-slung his P90 over his shoulder. Nodding in ascent, he replied, "I do not like it either. I am unsure of the exact capabilities of the... device Myrrdin offered us, but I do know that he has the necessary means to observe our every move. It makes me... uncomfortable."

Concerned, Andreev turned to Lt. Reed, asking her, "Are you alright, my dear?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
The Stone Courtyard
P7X – 912

Rylee watched over the sights of her rifle as a number of the bugs were destroyed, and as the rest fled. Amazed at what had happed, she lowered her weapon and looked over everyone briefly, to make sure that no one had been injured.

When Durant spoke to her, she glanced at him briefly, before responding with a curt “Right.” Then, it occurred to her what he had said. Mountains? “Why are we going to the mountains?”

Jarval

Explorer
The Stone Courtyard
P7X – 912

"Owch..." Lucas said as he got back to his feet. He blinked his eyes several times, trying to clear the bright afterimage of the blast, and shook is head in an attempt to stop the ringing in his ears. After a moment, he looked up towards the sky.

"Thank you." He said with a thumbs up gesture, working on the assumption that Myrrdin was watching from orbit. Then, remembering Stewart's suggestion from before the insects appeared, he quickly went around the group, checking that everyone's gear was stowed securely, repacking backpacks if needed.

Carlo

First Post
"Professor, if you don't know how to handle that furry, little kitty of yours, I'd be more than happy to lend you a hand. Or two if necessary." Yes, it seemed things were back to normal for this group.

"I bet you would." Loralai muttered under her breath, favoring Durant with a quick arch look before moving more quickly to scoop up her precious cat. For the moment she was happy enough to have Krizzel back and in good health to forestall any further verbal sparing with the 'barbarian' who was now her 'commander'. Lifting the cat into her arms she checked him over for any injuries or possibly anything secretly attached.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Stone Courtyard
P7X – 912

Lorelai Nguyen said:
"Krizzel?..." Loralai whispered in askance, her heart leaping at the thought of finding her lost pet and companion.

A plaintive “meow” could only just be heard over the departing buzz of the insects. As Lorelai neared Krizzel, she noticed an MRE wrapped tucked into his collar. With a glance of recognition, Krizzel leapt into Lorelai’s waiting arms, a soft purr was heard when Lorelai held the cat close.

Andreev said:
Concerned, Andreev turned to Lt. Reed, asking her, "Are you alright, my dear?"

Turning to Reed, Andreev saw her staring gape mouthed at the departing swarm, her mind closed to anything but the buzz of the swarm. After repeating himself a time or two, Lt. Reed’s jaw snapped shut and her eyes focused on Andreev’s face. Fear, anger, embarrassment all flashed across her face to varying degrees . . . then it was as if a mask covered them. She smiled warmly, seeming to just recognize Andreev. “I’m fine, sugah, You’ve got more important things ta take care of,” she replied in a slightly heavier southern accent.

Lucas and Rylee moved from person to person, adjusting the load of their gear and checking the straps and buckles of the various bags. Some bags were decidedly unwieldy . . . Lucas noted particularly Lorelai’s seabag. After thoroughly repacking the bag and redistributing the items within, the seabag seemed to weigh five pounds lighter.

Durant reviewed the journey as described by Medraut in his mind. South out through the stone city, about four miles down, a path leading up into the mountains. According to Medraut, the path was made by stargazers many, many years ago. Follow the path as it winds its way around the mountain, crossing to an adjacent mountain to the west. From there, the journey began particularly more difficult as there were no more paths. Three more mountains had to be gotten around (two more south, one west) before arriving at the particular mountain needed. Climbing several more thousand feet up to a plateau cut within the mountain side . . . to a forgotten temple of their people. The plateau was unnoticeable from above, having been cut into the mountain. Only by approaching from the direction they would the entrance to the plateau and temple be apparent.

OOC: All, feel free to discuss or start on your journey.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

Durant moved to the center of the group.

"Listen up. We have a long journey ahead of us. It will not be simple. Parts of it, I expect, Are going to be pretty intense. I'm not going into details at this time since it seems our friends in orbit are still keeping an eye on us. If anyone wants to pass, this is your time to say so. I think we can make arrangements for you here and we have all been through way more than we bargained for all ready. No hard feelings if you feel you can't keep up. We will meet up when we get back. If not let's get our gear together and get moving."

Durant approached Rylee and Lucas. "You two work out a schedule. I want one of you on point most of the time. You have the most experience with different forms of terrain. Me and Donovan will take turns too but most of the trailblazing will be on you. Any questions?"

After working out the rotation with Rylee and Lucas, Durant asked Andreev to follow him. He walked into a building that had a door facing away from the group. He stage whispered and explained the route to Andreev as best as he could. The others in his group new the route but if something happened he wanted Andreev to know where they were going and what they were after.

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

The Stone Courtyard
P7X – 912

After working out the rotation with Rylee and Lucas, Durant asked Andreev to follow him. He walked into a building that had a door facing away from the group. He stage whispered and explained the route to Andreev as best as he could. The others in his group new the route but if something happened he wanted Andreev to know where they were going and what they were after.

Andreev stared at Craig with disbelief. At least, it was disbelief at first. Until he remembered that he had been "captured" by jaffa, taken aboard a massive space vessel, watched as his friend sfled a swarm of giant insects called "the black death," was bathed, massaged and released, only to find his friends not as dead as he had imagined.

"Yes, I understand. Well, actually, I do not, but I follow where we are going. How long will the journey last?"

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
The Stone Courtyard
P7X – 912

Rylee smiles faintly as Durant addressed the group, offering them the opportunity to back out. Killer bugs, aliens from outer space and traveling through wormholes? It made her consider asking to stay behind. However, when Durant approaches herself and Lucas, she quickly figured out that the offer was not intended for her. Just as well, she supposed. It would probably get boring if she stayed behind.

“Yeah, I have a question,” she said after Durant had finished. “Where are we going and why are we going there?”

Jarval

Explorer
The Stone Courtyard
P7X - 912

"Any ideas on what we'll be going through, terrain-wise?" Lucas asked Durant. "I mean, I'm guessing mountains are going to be playing a fairly large part in any trip we might make, but are we talking roads? Paths? Or are we going to need to break out the climbing gear again?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

The Stone Courtyard
P7X - 912

He faced Rylee and Lucas. He knew they wanted as much information as possible to prepare the proper gear and their minds as well. The problem was that Durant was not comfortable sharing all of that information. At least not while they were being watched from above.

"We're headed into the mountains because I've been led to believe our mission will benefit greatly from what we should find there. The trip won't be simple. I'm guessing paths at best with a good deal of mountain climbing. That will be the worst part since many of us don't have any experience in that. But, we will work together as a team and we don't have anyone trying to chase us down for any reason, so that should help." At least no one is trying to get us at the moment. He thought to himself. "I am guessing the entire trip will take a good week. I don't have much knowledge of the area or any maps, so that is just an uneducated guess."

Remove ads